WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

An aching problem

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
Now I've had headache for about 3days in a row..it's mostly because I'm stressed out..so has anyone any tips about how to unstress and get the headache to never return?

I do not have brain cancer if someone thinks that, it runs in the family..
sometimes I had headache for about 1week in row..it has been better but now
when Ive moved and me not sleeping as much as I should and not eating properly..does anyone have any tips how to get out of the stressheadache?

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
cannabis..
i'm not joking, it releases the pressure (same as with glaucoma sufferers).. plus you'll be happy..

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
I'd go see a Dr. You could have some migraine issues.

You seem to already know the answer. Eat well, sleep well, drink lots of water.

Stardust

BklynCannonball said:
I'd go see a Dr. You could have some migraine issues.

You seem to already know the answer. Eat well, sleep well, drink lots of water.
I do have a migraine issue..but it doesnt bother me so much anymore..just that
eat/sleep thing..I drink alot of water because I'm most of the time thirsty..or likte it's handy to have a bottle of water in school :happysad:
but has anyone any relaxing tips? how to get relaxed quickly or something..
I'm getting a "yoga" book for x-mas there's some short yoga exercises(sp??)
to get from the daily stress and so..but I don't get it until xmas..
so does anyone have tips? or should I ask, what do you do when you feel stressed?

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Blelive it or not, masturbation is a great way to relive stress.

And I am being serious.

But seeing a doctor wouldn't be a bad idea eather.

If you want to talk about stress relief, buy a drum set. It's a great way to release all those feelings of "I want to beat the fucking shit out of every person I've ever known" without actually doing it.

Stardust

ive seen a doctor..all the could do is advice me to acupuncture or massage..but it costs :( and I'm a poor student that is going to spend money on a new bed so I can sleep at night..but i'd like to try the acupuncture thing though :happysad:
If only I had the money..

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
TheLampIncident said:
If you want to talk about stress relief, buy a drum set. It's a great way to release all those feelings of "I want to beat the fucking shit out of every person I've ever known" without actually doing it.

I have a feeling that a drum set won't help her headache problem.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
hot compresses on the back of the neck (hot water bottle works great), get your SO to give you a neck and shoulder massage, scalp massages are great too. There's also a spot on the hand, the end of the index finger metacarpal near where it joins the thumb metacarpal that, when pressed, relieves stress in the head (i find it works great for headaches). Most unusual of all is find some weak clothespins and put them on the ends of your fingers. Leave them there for a little while. The fingertips are an ancient accupressure point for relieving stress.

my mom suffers from horrid head aches, sometimes she misses a few days of work and ends up on the couch with an ice pack on her head. shes seen a doctor over them and i swear she got meds for them. i'll ask her and get back to you on the issue, find out what she does. until then, ice packs dark rooms and 222's with codein.

Stardust

TheLampIncident said:
Well, we can talk about stress or headache relief.

Not both at the same time.

well we are talking about how I can get rid of headache..and it's stress headache so we are actually talking about both

thank you guys, I appriciate the help :hug2:

and Ill try the pressure on the hand thing :)

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
oh, if your SO is available, ask them to do it. A hand massage will feel really good. Little lotion, lots of kneading. Damn, maybe I should go home and get my SO to give ME one :p

edit: bklyn- i trained as an accupressure therapist for a couple years. Did some accupuncture too, but haven't had the needles in a long time. If you make your way to southern cali i'll treat ya heheh. ;)