WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

An "Anything goes thread"

Sod

Spilly Talker
where you can say what you want about anything you want, without being attacked or punished!!!!!!!!

Smiss

smissinat0r
I thought that was pretty much what this place was. Oh, that is making the assumption that everyone here isn't a bigoted moron.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Sod said:
where you can say what you want about anything you want, without being attacked or punished!!!!!!!!
The logical paradox with your suggestion is that anytime someone is allowed to say "anything they want" then if someone says something that offends someone else then it should be within their rights of "saying anything they want" to respond in any way they want, even if it is in an inflamatory manner. Thus it is impossible to have a thread/forum/site/whatever where people can say whatever but then have restrictions on what other people are allowed to say in response because those restrictions contradict the very essence of saying whatever. So it's either complete freedom and you just have to deal with the offensive bitches, or it's rules and restrictions without exception or else you're not being fair. It is the most common dilema of free speach, deciding what should be allowed and what should be deemed unnacceptable. Who decides what's offensive? I may find certain topics or words offensive (unlikely, but possible) that other people say every day. Where do you draw the lines? If you don't have lines then how do you deal with the people that will invariably get offended?

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Skorch said:
The logical paradox with your suggestion is that anytime someone is allowed to say "anything they want" then if someone says something that offends someone else then it should be within their rights of "saying anything they want" to respond in any way they want, even if it is in an inflamatory manner. Thus it is impossible to have a thread/forum/site/whatever where people can say whatever but then have restrictions on what other people are allowed to say in response because those restrictions contradict the very essence of saying whatever. So it's either complete freedom and you just have to deal with the offensive bitches, or it's rules and restrictions without exception or else you're not being fair. It is the most common dilema of free speach, deciding what should be allowed and what should be deemed unnacceptable. Who decides what's offensive? I may find certain topics or words offensive (unlikely, but possible) that other people say every day. Where do you draw the lines? If you don't have lines then how do you deal with the people that will invariably get offended?

What 13 plus or minus lines of emptiness. In the first three words he is lost.. "Logical Paradox" ROFL WTF Buy a dictionary school boy. Please tell me you are going to school to be something that will benifit society. Might I suggest Trash collector..

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
My what an enlightened and intelligent assertion, and here I had almost given up on finding any shred of intelligence left on the interne... oh wait, I was still just reading the quote from my post. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep searching.

Broken

Skorch said:
My what an enlightened and intelligent assertion, and here I had almost given up on finding any shred of intelligence left on the interne... oh wait, I was still just reading the quote from my post. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep searching.
I waited over half an hour of that? My bad. I see you got your dictionary out. You hit the E's with enlightened, the it looks like you got stuck on the I's w/ intelligent,interne. Don't worry before long you will be able to use all your letters. Don't try so hard. Keep up the good work.. Oh yeah , are you milli or vanlli? It's so hard to tell.

Smiss

smissinat0r
I like when people try so hard to sound intelligent that they run around bushes and end up saying nothing. But I think all those 200 word minimum reports we had to write in highschool could be blamed.

Broken

gumercules said:
i'm glad i don't feel compelled to shred everyone's posts

you are hurting my feelings. you mean I can't tease people?

Sod

Spilly Talker
Logical Paradox hahahahahaha that's an onamatapia, how ever the fuck you spell it, or is a hyperbole?? i unno who cares IT"S SPRING BREAK!!!!!!

Smiss

smissinat0r
Here's hoping you are one of those dipshits that goes drinking on a boat, falls in the water and drowns.

Broken

Sod said:
Logical Paradox hahahahahaha that's an onamatapia, how ever the fuck you spell it, or is a hyperbole?? i unno who cares IT"S SPRING BREAK!!!!!!

The word is DICTIONARY.
onomatopoeia: < Oh my spelled correctly>
The formation or use of words such as buzz or murmur that imitate the sounds associated with the objects or actions they refer to.

hyperbole:
A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

Well?? English major??
Damn cock plantation patron... Muhahahha

Have a nice spring break. Drink one for all the working saps out there. PEACE.

Broken

Smiss said:
Here's hoping you are one of those dipshits that goes drinking on a boat, falls in the water and drowns.

Actually lost a friend that way. He couldn't swim, drinking on a two tiered boat. Hmm... Darwin award winner. They say he hit his head before he hit the water. Sucks if you ask me.

Smiss

smissinat0r
It absolutely does suck. We have a lot of such drunken drownings around here. There are many bars on the Cuyahoga River. People get drunk, fall in, and drown. Now they started to put up really ugly snow fence lookin things the keep people away from the edge but they still manage to do it.

Also, a little bit of trivial (which I have never actually looked up to find out if it's true...) But supposedly someone who is drunk and drowning will tend to swim DOWN instead of up... but of course thinking they ARE swimming up... it's fucked up.

Forceman22

One Pissed-off Redhead
I hate to beak off the topics of inebriated drownings and literature pronounciationsm, but I have A question. Wtf is up with the "gallery" and shit not working. It's been like that for a while and I'm curios of what's behind the curtain