WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines An Iraqi man reviews damage after US military airstrike

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have no more house, Happy Freakin' Ramadan, ya poor bastard!

We wonder why they hate us...

breakology

Kiss my Converse
They started ramadan out with a bang alright. Two suicide bombers inside the green zone. They also thought it would it we be fun to blow up a few churches, christian churches thats is, across the river in downtown Baghdad. When I say christian, I don't mean places where the white infidels gather, I am talking about arab christians who's only crime was not being muslim. I wonder why they hate them?

tzedek

Original Member
breakology said:
They also thought it would it we be fun to blow up a few churches, christian churches thats is, across the river in downtown Baghdad.

christian churches huh? As compared to what other kind of churches?

breakology

Kiss my Converse
tzedek said:
christian churches huh? As compared to what other kind of churches?
latter day saints? church of satan? hell I don't know ... the area is predominantly
muslim, obviously ... I was just trying to be sure that the distinction was made.

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
Thats ok, it levels the playing field. They spent last years Ramadan shooting and bombing the shit out of everything. Only last year it was mainly Wahabi and Sunni muslims doing the bombing. If Iraqis would get off of their dead asses and take charge of their own shit we wouldn't have to do it for them. You don't seriously think that it is Iraqis that are doing most of the bombing and shit against us do you? So, then the point must be made that the insurgency is living somewhere. So where better than a place that they can force our hand and then blame it on the Iraqis? WOW, think! The Iraqis(in their defense) don't know how to fight for shit. They have lived all of their lives under a dictator who has told them everything they will do and precisely how they will do it. He ingrained distrust and hatred of EACH OTHER into them. Old habits die hard. and sooner or later they will get tired of the insurgents coming into their country and they MIGHT do something about it. Don't hold your breath though, it'll probably be a while. :moon:

Jung

???
Premium
breakology said:
latter day saints? church of satan? hell I don't know ... the area is predominantly
muslim, obviously ... I was just trying to be sure that the distinction was made.
Muslim church = mosque.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
edub1371 said:
If Iraqis would get off of their dead asses and take charge of their own shit we wouldn't have to do it for them.
Oh yes "WE" policemen of the world (when there is something in it for us) have to do it for them. Those poor "savages" with their ancient culture, they just don't know shit do they? We'll straighten it ALL out for them, right?

Maybe you ought to head on over and take care of it?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
edub1371 said:
Thats ok, it levels the playing field. They spent last years Ramadan shooting and bombing the shit out of everything. Only last year it was mainly Wahabi and Sunni muslims doing the bombing. If Iraqis would get off of their dead asses and take charge of their own shit we wouldn't have to do it for them. You don't seriously think that it is Iraqis that are doing most of the bombing and shit against us do you? So, then the point must be made that the insurgency is living somewhere. So where better than a place that they can force our hand and then blame it on the Iraqis? WOW, think! The Iraqis(in their defense) don't know how to fight for shit. They have lived all of their lives under a dictator who has told them everything they will do and precisely how they will do it. He ingrained distrust and hatred of EACH OTHER into them. Old habits die hard. and sooner or later they will get tired of the insurgents coming into their country and they MIGHT do something about it. Don't hold your breath though, it'll probably be a while. :moon:
You actually brought up a good point. The point that a large number of the insurgents migrated over from Syria, and Pakistan, only after we invaded.

morelos

lexicon incognito
edub said:
Thats ok, it levels the playing field.
well, it sure levels SOMETHING.

many of the domestic iraqi "insurgents" could be considered extreme iraqi patriots. the rest are border-jumpers from elsewhere.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
voiceofreason said:
Oh yes "WE" policemen of the world (when there is something in it for us) have to do it for them. Those poor "savages" with their ancient culture, they just don't know shit do they? We'll straighten it ALL out for them, right?

Good. To elaborate, read Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
voiceofreason said:

Yes, I am going to go back early next year. I've already been over there once, thank you. I voice my opinions on these things because I have seen them first hand. Not through the news, not on news sites and not in USA today. I have been there and I will be going back. So, how is it exactly that you got your "expertise" on the war over there? Just curious.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
edub1371 said:
So, how is it exactly that you got your "expertise" on the war over there? Just curious.
I have eyes, so I can see, and I also have a brain, which I use.

True, I'm not being "PAID" to kill people, but still I am able to understand when something is wrong and senseless.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
even though you were there (supposedly, thats the beauty of the internet, anonymity) it still sounds like your trying to justifysomething you do not understand. first it was the WMD's....and they are?......exactly....then it was to get Saddam Hussein out of power, which he now is...and now its to "liberate" a people who have no say in our actions there. so which war were you fighting?

I swear it would probably be worth the trouble, to have a country come and "liberate" america, just so i could laugh like an evil cartoon character for an hour and half. and have the bucktooth trailer trash go...."ohhhhhh, i get it now"

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
voiceofreason said:
I have eyes, so I can see, and I also have a brain, which I use.

True, I'm not being "PAID" to kill people, but still I am able to understand when something is wrong and senseless.
you cant really say you have any information that is untainted, we are all at the whim of the media conglomerates (sp?) and whos whim are they at? so what you read or see on tv, may or not be the whole truth. you could be a victim of the opposite kind sensationalism that edub suffers from. so could i, but some one who is over there cant even begin to try to tell us why. and really cant have an unbiased opinion because i would be unhappy with the people trying to kill me

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
bigck3000 said:
you cant really say you have any information that is untainted, we are all at the whim of the media conglomerates (sp?) and whos whim are they at? so what you read or see on tv, may or not be the whole truth. you could be a victim of the opposite kind sensationalism that edub suffers from. so could i, but some one who is over there cant even begin to try to tell us why. and really cant have an unbiased opinion because i would be unhappy with the people trying to kill me
Sorry, not a "victim". The "Media" didn't have to tell me that this war was started for all the wrong reasons, and continues to be based on a pack of lies. That is obvious to anyone, as well as the rest of the world.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
my point being (you seem to have missed it) you are in no position to determine what is and what isnt a lie. you are fed the same garbage we all are, they tell you what they want to, unless you've done some sort of personal research sans the involvement of a news source. the whole purpose of the war was obviously a lie, but as far as the particulars of the war,(like the guy with his house blown up, whos fighting with us, and all of that shit). we cant be for sure.

sorry if this post lacks my usual driving clarity, i'm really tired. please let me know if i can clarify.