WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

An unexpected offer.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
Last week whilst my friend and me were down the pub we met a group of people. It consisted of quite a few Tai girls and an English bloke. Nice enough people. We had a good night playing pool with them and proceeded to the nightclub afterwards.

On Friday we bumped into the same group again but with one extra person, a 60-year-old man. It was another good night with the exeception of finding out why there were so many Tai girls in this group. The old guy effectively turned out to be a pimp. He offered to import Tai girl(s) of our choice, for a price. I was mortified by his offer. If he was any younger I would of put on the floor. What made it so odd was the way both guys talked about it as if it were the norm. How they talked about the girls accompanying them as property, for me, was morally wrong. He even referred to one of them as “that” -pointing. Yeesh, I’ve been ignorant to the world for too long, time to wake up and smell the homus.

Sure, I’ve heard the rumors that you can go over to Thailand and pick up girls/wives for hardly a day’s wage (excluding the price of a visa), but I never expected to actually come across it in England. Being a gentleman, I let this personally insulting offer slide, pushed it aside and allowed the night carry on without any bitterness.

I can sympathize for the Tai woman; by being bought, they have a greater chance for a better quality of life. I still can’t help but feel uneasy about this subject.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Well let me be the first to say that Fucking Sucks! What a morally bankrupt shit for brains. Backwards fucking loser. Good on you for not letting it ruin your night, but damn man. Some things make me sad to be a human.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
ok, i've been to thailand 5 times, also cambodia and laos.

this girl selling has been going on so long between thailand and the west that most thai girls are wise to it, they don't so much get tricked as they trick you..
this could've easily been a trick, where you think you're getting a naive thai fresh off the plane and in reality she steals all you have..
or if they really were 'slaves' they may have been khymer (cambodian). prostitution is rife there and prices are among the lowest worldwide. but i doubt this was the case..
i'm really glad to hear that you didn't get involved in any way, i do feel this was a travelling scam, especially considering your location, devon isn't an area with a sizeable thai community.. i think the guy is selling women who then either disappear, rob you, blackmail you, or all three..

i had a girlfriend in thailand, not the typical teenage bargirl but a 30 year old woman who had lived in europe.. she told me a lot about how asian women percieve western men.. i didn't mind hearing the truth.. almost without exception they are looking for a financially solvent man first, any other qualities were a bonus.. boonchiam was one of the exceptions, in the whole month we knew each other she never accepted once that i paid for her drinks or food, anything.. she just preferred western men as she'd had a few bad relationships with thai men.

(i guess that was a bit more than 0.2c.. maybe a nickel..)

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Void, you seem to know a lot about prostitution...have you been to your local STD clinic lately?

As for women being bought and sold, this is a world wide epidemic. Spain is the most industrialized country I can remember with the largest amount of slavery type kidnappings, but this hppens in the US also.

Its not that hard. You find a homeless, hungry, young and needy girl, feed her clother her and brIOn wash her, and she thinks she owes you, belongs to you.

THe world would be a better place if men were slaves and women owned it.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
dustinzgirl said:
Void, you seem to know a lot about prostitution...have you been to your local STD clinic lately?
yeah and no.. i probably know a little bit about everything, that's what happens when you're nearly old..
i've lived in south-east asia, but never paid for sex.. just seen lots of people who did..

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
void said:
yeah and no.. i probably know a little bit about everything, that's what happens when you're nearly old..
i've lived in south-east asia, but never paid for sex.. just seen lots of people who did..

Yeah, a lot of my "friends" have done things too.....