WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

And yet another roommate complaint...

My roommate wasn't supposed to graduate because she didnt have enough credits but she somehow got her dad who has connections within the college to haggle her a free credit. Complete bullshit. I hate her, I think I really do. I have a huge problem when peolple get something they don't deserve and then other people get the same rewards for much more work. I suppose that's how life works in general, but just the same it doesn't make it right. She's flaunting it too, saying "oh gosh I can't wait until we all graduate. I can't wait for my trip to London with my best friend and I guess i'll find a job there or go to California." Yeah right, she's never been able to survive out from under the wings of her parents. She thinks she can just waltz over to Europe and find a job without having had any experience. Is she crazy? I think so. I wish I could pop her bubble, but that would be mean I suppose. Whatever. :mad:

bnccoder

Postaholic
Let her go and fuck up. After enough times she will get cut off and learn what it is really like in the world.

n00b head

The pron storer
I don't mind people getting through on no effort but I can't stand false bragging e.g. If you let someone win to spare their feelings and then they keep flaunting the fact that they won

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
you do realize her fortunate circumstances (well her parents fortune) will get her only so far. if they have done a poor job of raising her, eventually it will catch up to her. then you can bask in the glory of her misery.

hey i'm not hipocritical, to be honest if i were her i probably would take advantage if i could -you'd be wise to do the same if possible. :thumbsup: no it's not fair, but like you said that's life.

Personally, I'd pop her bubble mean or not after all the shit she's done to you.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
The one thing I learned in college is how grades are just as important as being able to play the game. The student to class ratio in my school was so ridiculous that it was harder to get the classes than it was to pass them. You have to learn to get what you want. And in her case....I mean think about it. It's one lousy-ass credit. If you were in her shoes, how annoyed would you be that you had to delay graduation and go for another semester for one f&#$ing credit?

Now, if it were me, I wouldn't have asked the folks to pull strings but would have figured something out myself. But that's just me.

BklynCannonball said:
The one thing I learned in college is how grades are just as important as being able to play the game. The student to class ratio in my school was so ridiculous that it was harder to get the classes than it was to pass them. You have to learn to get what you want. And in her case....I mean think about it. It's one lousy-ass credit. If you were in her shoes, how annoyed would you be that you had to delay graduation and go for another semester for one f&#$ing credit?

Now, if it were me, I wouldn't have asked the folks to pull strings but would have figured something out myself. But that's just me.
I guess the part I didn't mention was how her father does all of her homework for her in her design studio classes because he's a designer. So in essence, if she had seriously gone to college and missed one credit, I probably wouldnt care but its the fact that she has basically cruised through college because her father has done all of her work. So, if you still feel the same that's cool, I just feel that the situation is pathetic and needed to vent.

BklynCannonball

Honey, by all means. VENT AWAY! I hear you on that. That's why we're all here. It's all good.

This might make you feel good though...what'll happen when daddy's not around anymore?

I once asked my dad to help me with a third grade art project. He did the project for me instead of with me. I won first prize but I was so pissed that I didn't learn anything that I didn't ask him to help me ever again.

Now my sister, well, he would sit down with her and teach her how to draw and paint and give her tips.

C'est la vie.

BklynCannonball

Honey, by all means. VENT AWAY! I hear you on that. That's why we're all here. It's all good.

This might make you feel good though...what'll happen when daddy's not around anymore?

I once asked my dad to help me with a third grade art project. He did the project for me instead of with me. I won first prize but I was so pissed that I didn't learn anything that I didn't ask him to help me ever again.

Now my sister, well, he would sit down with her and teach her how to draw and paint and give her tips.

C'est la vie.