• Android

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • iPhone

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I prefer the Android ecosystem, but I'm torn on developing for it since I learned to loathe Java over a long time and so much of it is based around Java-centric library APIs. Also there are a bazillion versions of Android because Google is clueless when it comes to fractured OS Eccosystem. They need to step things up a few notches and cleanroom a new Android environment that isnt based around Java hell and force vendors to upgrade when needed to provide a consistent eccosystem.

Objective C if its still used for iOS development should be a nicer experience.

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
Really? iOS over Android? ?

I'm so scared of iOS....

just because the unknown scares me...

EDIT: oh wait, the *IF* was hiding from me...

So then boyz, I need to do image processing on Android. Anyone?

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
After you've dealt with Java extensively for 8 years you'll run screaming from it too. That was 8 years during it's hey-day too, when Sun was Sun and Java was leading edge. Now that it's owned by Oracle, everything relating to Java is horrible. It makes me cringe every time I need to develop anything in it or integrate with it.

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
Soooooooooo... it's better to outsource? xD

I mean, the app (medical) needs to be just that: a mobile app... so that leaves me with: Android, iOS, or Windows. BUT!!!! it needs to function in Africa, where the biggest user base would be Android and iOS (I guess), depending on which of the two felt like sponsoring which hospital...

I don't have to do updates though... and the option is always there to just port it.

But thanks, I'll have a look at the iOS development style.

P.S. I'm seeing Visual Studio supports Android... at least I'll feel comfortable with my IDE color theme