WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Bug Report Animated avatar issues

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
This issue may be related to the type of image processor we use.

We may be using PHP GD processing, and never set back up ImageMagick since the last server update.

GD does not support resizing images with multiple frames, so you'll only see the first frame.

We never really used animated avatars on the site though have we?

• 1Sad
Reactions: BeautifulSniper

Jung

???
Premium
I didn't think anyone still used GD :p

I thought animated avatars worked at one point... might've been on the vb forums though.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jason

Jason

Founder
Yeah I don't think we've had animated avatars (which can be annoying when its overused) for over a decade if at all.

I don't think we're going to start now.

Jason

Founder
Yeah, confirmed.. It was 2009 when they were last around, and I believe it was tied to premium membership as was "egging" a person's avatar at the time. Both needed ImageMagick (which has its own set of security issues the last few years).

There is no such stock option to tie animated avatars to custom usergroups (i.e. premium membership) in xenForo software at this time.

• 1Like
Reactions: Jung

Jung

???
Premium
I think it would be a cool perk for premium members, but I understand not wanting to swap image processors.

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Yeah I don't think we've had animated avatars (which can be annoying when its overused) for over a decade if at all.

I don't think we're going to start now.
A Jason animated avatar would make this website better. Maybe Jason cutting off a head or something.

• 1ORLY?
Reactions: Jason