Another Joystick Rant - I Hate Gravis.

Descent

Hella Constipated
UPDATE: It's also great when the joysticks X-axis only works up, or down, but not both!

These guys have the worst drivers in the computing industry since Neomagic.

Oh wait, I take that back, Neomagic's actually PARTIALLY WORKED. At least if you fucked with their drivers for three years you could get half-assed Direct3D support.

It's great when a joystick that CLAIMS to have DirectInput support can't even be detected by FreeSpace 2 in the controls menu.

Good thing it was only $3...

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I have a Gravis controller. It sucks.

There is this "special" button, that, when pressed is supposed to give you superior play action mobile ability super fantastic control. Except, if you press right on the D-Pad, your character will eternally walk to the right. :thumbsup:

Without the special button on, the thing works like a charm, except that diagnols don't work that well at all.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Missles said:
I have a Gravis controller. It sucks.

There is this "special" button, that, when pressed is supposed to give you superior play action mobile ability super fantastic control. Except, if you press right on the D-Pad, your character will eternally walk to the right. rage/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Without the special button on, the thing works like a charm, except that diagnols don't work that well at all.

It's actually quite a shame, because in the early 90's the were the king with the Phoenix FLWCS/GamePad controllers.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I was going to get one until they found out that there was no XP support.

Also, my brother has a GamePad Pro that is a pile of shit. It's D-Pad is about as precise Paris Hilton flying an F-22.

I mean, I have a fucking $2 EIGHT BUTTON RadioShack controller with a snapped analog stick, and it has a more precise D-Pad. So does my InterAct ProPad 6 I scored for free.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I got it to work! I followed these steps:

1: Go out to your local dollar store, and buy trash bags.

2: Put your Gravis brand "joystick" in the trash bag, and put it on the curb.

3: When the trash collectors come to pick it up, snatch it from them, hit one on the head, run inside, and test it. If it works, make a quick prayer, and try to see if Buddha put any gold chains or something inside it.

4: Upon failure of these steps, repeat until you go insane, or simply cover it in gasoline and burn it :D.