WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Another New Orleans thread... I thought Americans were patriotic

Boycott

Soul Doubt
This is pathetic. The gangs are ruling the streets, people are being raped, shot, snipers are killing innocent people... Cops are being shot...

In my opinion, all of the looters and gang members should just be shot. They are in a situation of technical MARTIAL LAW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law (Wow, Wikipedia is fast in updating their stuff) ...

If people are looting or taking advantage of people in a situation like this, they should just be shot. It is equal to terrorism. These people are criminals, and are only worsening the whole situation.

The police should give one warning to all looters and gang members. - "If found looting, or wielding a weapon, you will be shot upon" ... It would solve quite a few of the problems they are facing right now ...

Another thing they could do is to throw all the looters inside of the flooded prison. It's prison, and its in a state emergency (where civil rights are limited)... The police should be given full control over what happens, and their judgement should be the only judgement. If they have to use gunfire to stop a few looters to set examples, they should go ahead...

I was watching CNN and apperantly the French quarter was the worst... Gangs looting everything in site... :thumbsdn: This is so pathetic the way these people are acting. It is inhuman and unjust...

Jung

???
Premium
You've obviously never been to New Orleans before... the projects here are no joke.

3000 soldiers are arriving from Iraq though, and will be armed and staged for the sole purpose of weeding these animals out. :)

They just had a piece on the news about them being trained and ready to kill.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
junglizm said:
You've obviously never been to New Orleans before... the projects here are no joke.

3000 soldiers are arriving from Iraq though, and will be armed and staged for the sole purpose of weeding these animals out. :)

:thumbsup: They should bring in tanks and whatnot... It just makes me sick to see people taking advantage of a situation like this...

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I like black people. And I don't like using the word "******". But, these looters, and gangs are acting like a bunch of ******s. And it makes me sick. The only things they care about are getting pussy (read: Rape) and looting (read: Stealing a tv that they can't use because of no power). I honestly think they should just build a huge wall around New Orleans, and let these people just die off. We don't need talking baboons loose on our streets. :mad:

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Fire_ze_Missles said:
I like black people. And I don't like using the word "******". But, these looters, and gangs are acting like a bunch of ******s. And it makes me sick. The only things they care about are getting pussy (read: Rape) and looting (read: Stealing a tv that they can't use because of no power). I honestly think they should just build a huge wall around New Orleans, and let these people just die off. We don't need talking baboons loose on our streets. :mad:

that would be fine, but not all of these people are bad people... Some of them are just people who have lost their homes :( They should tag all of the people who they've caught looting, and they can not board a bus with a tag ...

the people who are acting unpatriotic towards their fellow citizens are the people who deserved to die...

Jung

???
Premium
Boycott said:
that would be fine, but not all of these people are bad people... Some of them are just people who have lost their homes :(
Everyone in New Orleans lost their homes and most survivors aren't looting asinine shit. The city officials have already given the ok to take food and water if you need it... and these are not good people; these are the people stealing everything BUT food and water, and firing at/threatening rescue crews.

From a local forum:
oh god news from my brother

hes in the coast gaurd...
he went to take supplies to a kenner hospital in a helicopter, and they couldnt land because there were "about a hundred" people with guns screaming "go rescue my family"
Nobody gives a fuck about the people taking food; the police helped refugees break into a WalGreens earlier for that very reason. When you hear the term "looter" they're referring to people stealing electronics, jewelry and such.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
junglizm said:
Everyone in New Orleans lost their homes and most survivors aren't looting asinine shit. The city officials have already given the ok to take food and water if you need it... and these are not good people; these are the people stealing everything BUT food and water, and firing at/threatening rescue crews.

From a local forum:

Nobody gives a fuck about the people taking food; the police helped refugees break into a WalGreens earlier for that very reason.

Yeah, but looting fucking Wal-Mart and other places for shit like TVs and stuff that they don't NEED...

Do the people there not understand that the coast guard is being OVERWHELMED with people and reports etc. of people not being able to leave their homes, or gang related incidents? If they would just let the coast guard do what they had to do, things would be getting done a lot faster, but citizens are getting in the way

Jung

???
Premium
Do the people there not understand that the coast guard is being OVERWHELMED with people and reports etc. of people not being able to leave their homes, or gang related incidents? If they would just let the coast guard do what they had to do, things would be getting done a lot faster, but citizens are getting in the way
These are criminals, they don't really care. All they care about is themselves, and that's why everyone just wishes they would just hurry up and die. They're making our city look horrible on the national news and contributing to killing nice, respectable law abiding citizens who are patiently waiting for evacuation without food, water or shelter.

The police chief just instated a 'shoot to kill' order urging all remaining citizens to shoot looters on sight. :thumbsup:

I posted this is IRC, but I figure it would fit here.
http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~hunicke/blog/images/hurricane/looters.jpg
http://www.baitntackle.net/photos/a...ne_Katrina_Lafitte-Barataria-Westbank 089.jpg

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Thats the way to handle looters :thumbsup: It's already anarchy there... There's not many other alternatives :(

Jung, I'll make sure to point out to anyone I hear talking about New Orleans being a bad place that it isn't the majority of the people, but only the shitheads who enjoy killing, and stealing ... I can feel that you have a sense of connection to New Orleans, and these people shouldn't be there making EVERYONE look bad ...

guys, we can not forget that (guessing here) 80% of the project members that stayed in new orleans are on drugs.

they are acting like they are because drugs calm you down.. they don't have drugs right now. they are pissed as fucking hell. they want drugs.

to help their addiction to drugs, they go "thuggin'".. or just shoot people.. but it doesn't work to soothe the drug craving, so they do it even more.

THOSE are the people who need to be shot.

Jung

???
Premium
slemaire195 said:
guys, we can not forget that (guessing here) 80% of the project members that stayed in new orleans are on drugs.
That was pretty pointless; making up statistics doesn't mean anything, and it's just a waste out bandwidth and reading time. And you know this how? These are just criminals who have found themselves in a near lawless town in horrible situations. Some may be gang related as well, this was brought up earlier on the news. There is no drug conspiracy.
to help their addiction to drugs, they go "thuggin'".. or just shoot people.. but it doesn't work to soothe the drug craving, so they do it even more.
How does "thuggin" help their addiction? They definitely aren't looting to buy drugs in a city that's almost entirely under water. And they're definitely not threatening rescuers at gun point in hopes they have a crack rock.

Random guesses are exactly how retarded rumors get started.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
slemaire195 said:

Drugs aren't the issue. These people have just lost their homes and loved ones... I'm guessing some of them don't even care about their own lives now... Thats the problem is that they probably feel like it will never be over

MUFFDIVER

Banned - What an Asshat!
Keep the flaming in B&T and don't shit up these hurricane threads will bullshit. This is your only warning, the next time you're getting banned.

-Jung

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
hey this gives me an idea for a movie inspired reality show.. Escape From New Orleans.. your host Curt Russel! :D

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i don't know about shooting upon people that have guns or that are looting, i think the more imminent thing to take care of is all the people who are dying and need medical care. however, i do think that the right of habeas corpus should be supsended so that the police have more freedom in trying to control some of those people that have guns and are looting

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
People are selfish, They will put themselves first in a crisis, These people who are looting, and disrupting medical services trying to get their job done, helping people, are selfish.

They couldn't care less if others were at sake, only their lives, and their families lives.
What's the point, if they concentrated on being rational, and waiting their turn, everything would go a lot smoother. But of course they can't see past themselves.

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
Boycott said:
Thats the way to handle looters :thumbsup: It's already anarchy there... There's not many other alternatives :(

Jung, I'll make sure to point out to anyone I hear talking about New Orleans being a bad place that it isn't the majority of the people, but only the shitheads who enjoy killing, and stealing ... I can feel that you have a sense of connection to New Orleans, and these people shouldn't be there making EVERYONE look bad ...
We were watching the news in class, and someone said that the city is being punished for being "sinful". I'm sure he meant it as a joke, but it was pretty cold.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:

good news about troops coming from iraq, i hadn't heard that.. well needed help..

regarding the projects, do you think it's possible that when NO gets rebuilt that they will plan the city differently and you might have a radically better place to move back to, a place with housing for all still but designed with less chance for a ghetto?
i hope NO actually seems to gain from this one day, i know that's a long way off but one day.. a working system of levees and storm walls, and less urban blight.

Jung

???
Premium
void said:
regarding the projects, do you think it's possible that when NO gets rebuilt that they will plan the city differently and you might have a radically better place to move back to, a place with housing for all still but designed with less chance for a ghetto?
I hope so, because most of those residents deserve it. They've been living in old project buildings that just look depressing, and it's sad. It must be horrible to live in a place that constantly reminds you that you're poor and often forgotten.

A few years ago (maybe more, maybe less) some of the projects were rebuild, but they were rebuild as clusters of small duplexes instead of the old style of one huge building with external entrances. They looked pretty nice, and the residents seemed to appreciate them; the others were torn up and neglected by residents, these were for the most part taken care of.

I would like to think that rebuilding the city will benifit everyone, all losses aside.
i hope NO actually seems to gain from this one day, i know that's a long way off but one day.. a working system of levees and storm walls, and less urban blight.
Hopefully this disaster makes is very clear what can happen. Nobody was ready for this because even the worst storms in the past (Camille, Betsy) weren't this catastrophic. For the most part our levee systems seem decent, but I know they could stand to be strengthened. I'd like to see everything rebuilt with this storm in mind, rather than the generic category 3 mentality. I'd like to see a real effort put forth to rebuild our coastal barriers and barrier islands as well as stricter building codes for out citizens.