WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

anti-Prom

Did you go to your senior prom?

• Yes

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • NO

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Yes, but i can't remember....

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Prom.... only the after prom parties

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
I know this is a chessy topic but......

Is it ok not to go to your senior prom? does it really matter in the long run?

screw_you_jack said:
I know this is a chessy topic but......

Is it ok not to go to your senior prom? does it really matter in the long run?
No, I didn't go to my senior prom... I'm not the type to want to go to that kinda thing, but I graduated from High School two years ago and I regret not going to my prom. My friends that did go said that it wasn't too much fun but they're glad they went. So, I kinda wish that I went... But, my friend is graduating High School this year & he asked me to go to his prom with him. Which was very nice of him because he knows that I regret not going to mine. So, I'm going to prom this year.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
To take a page from Valley Girl, just skip your prom, crash somebody elses, steal their date, their limo, hose their date in their limo, then on to their motel where you party like rock stars.Never mind the mess, it's in their name.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
I never went to my prom, and I graduated last year...my only reason was because I've never found a date yet, and I wouldn't go alone
Plus it costs too much, but if I had a date it wouldn't have mattered to me

other than that, I graduated with good grades, high in math....but I never went to any school sponsored activities anyway....never went to football,baseball, tennis, volleyball games, never went to rallies, always ignored the assemblies
I just hated school enough to not want anything to do with it...I was only there to learn, and now in college, I lean some more....in the future I'll have a kickass job in electrical engineering

so, no, in the long run I don't care about prom, or any of the dances, or anything highschool, cause I didn't go to them, and I figured I'm not going to need them

sinew

Clitpickle
I went to my prom (in Canada its called 'grad dinner and dance'). It was boring but I'm glad I went because I want no regrets. I didn't have a date (though I could easily get one ;) ) and just went with a bunch of friends in a expedition limo, yah baby, the after party was way better than the dance and it was way to expensive a night but when I'm a successful engineer, money wont matter. So if I where you I would go, but I have a lot of friends who didn't and there like watever, so its ur choice ultimately.

morelos

lexicon incognito
i didn't go to my junior or senior proms. but in the years after i went to two of each, with two different girls.

they're pointless, expensive, and completely image-oriented. your money is better spent on worth-while memories (a camping trip, tourism trip, sightseeing, nice hotel, etc) or some durable good (video games, computers, etc :p)

~ dan ~

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Yes, I went, and it was totally gay. Fucking tux. fucking cumberbun. What the fuck is a fucking cumberbun for anyway. And I had long hair in HS. Youknow how stupid a burnout metal head looks in a tux? I say again Fucking Cumberbun.
Good after pty tho. Got laid.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I didnt graduate HS. I was too busy working and my first ex wouldnt allow me to go becuase he thought I was cheating on him. He was a stupid fucker.

Anyways, I wish I would have went to prom now. But, such is life.

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
dustinzgirl said:
Anyways, I wish I would have went to prom now. But, such is life.
hmm... to ture. I ending up not going after i posted this poll. I had been asked by a few guys, but no one i really wanted to go with. I hated school and everything that went with it. I stayed home on prom night and started talking with this guy who i knew from school, that had also stayed home. Long story short, i went to his house for our own little party thing, and well. We together now, so fuck prom. No Regrets.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Ditched the prom. Waste of money in my opinion, plus I hate all that formal shit. I just don't like the idea of spending a lot of money, wearing expensive and uncomfortable clothing so I can (not) dance to a bunch of shitty music. So I just caught a ride to my friends' after-party. I don't regret it, but that's just me, other people feel different about it and the "tradition" etc.

Premier

Professional Deviate
I went to mine.... it sucked big time. Bunch of the same lame people dressed up like HS actually means anything to anyone. The after party went off like cheese on a hot day.... police were called and there was a bit in the news about drunken halfnaked teens rioting :D

Wish I could remember it..... come to think of it .... how did I get home :S

Pachyderm

I really did.
I didn't go to mine because all the people that went were dumbasses. I pretty much hated all the people there. I was quoted in the school newspaper as saying, "If I wanted to hangout stupid rich kids with their mom's credit cards, I would let them copy my homework."
In many of the limos couples had cocaine and they would do that before going in which made me think nobody is going anywhere after highschool..And the whole point in going to prom is to bang someone after the dance...I chose to do that instead of going to the prom.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
i didnt go to my prom...i agree with pachy....same stupid ass ppl who had no ambition for life...plus at the time i was saving cash for a Wash DC trip...i dont know about you all...but id rather shake senators hands and cry at the holocaust museum than taking part in the pinnacle of school patronized social events that all the looser football jocks talk about when they are older still working at wal-mart...

Find out in advance if there will be pie at this prom. If there is, go, a winner is you.

Random: in the city square tonight there's a senior prom. Not for senior year high school students. For senior citizens. A senior citizen prom.

Now that is the shit.