WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Anti-rape device

Base

it's a motherfucker
I found this article from South Africa about an anti-rape device that has been developed.

Source:"South African" newspaper, Tuesday 29 November 2005, Issue 137
www.southafrican.co.uk

Condom 'with teeth' hits stores

A NEW type of "condom with teeth" aimed at preventing rape has gone on sale in South Africa, a radio report from Kimberley said on Friday.
To mark the beginning of a two-week campaign to stamp out violence against women and children, 57-year-old inverntor Sonette Ehler demonstrated the device, named Rapex, at an event in her hometown.

Dubbed "the penis flytrap" by South African media, the Rapex personal secruity device is used by women, and inserted and removed with an applicator as with a tampon.

It is made from latex and has several rows of sharp "teeth" that can only be removed from the penis of a rapist surgically and should therefore lead to the capture and prosecution of the attacker.

In South Africa there were 55 000 rapes reported last year, or about 1000 each week, but the true number is believed to be much higher.

Forty percent of the victims of rape are children. -Sapa-dpa"

I've typed the article word for word, this Newspaper is published for South African living and working in the UK.

I hope that you have found this article interesting and informing.

what if the girl forgets to take it out if she WANTS to have sex?

What if the woman wants to have sex but forgets to remove it?:eek:

EDIT: Beaten.

Fuckers. :happysad:

pwnij

Banned - What an Asshat!
they will probly have to have sex with a lock picker

Base

it's a motherfucker
Unforgiven said:
What if the woman wants to have sex but forgets to remove it?:eek:
thats what i thought, but i am just informing you of new anti-rape devices. I guess you should have a post-it by the bed "remember, removed pussy teeth" or something.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
What if two people ask the same question at the same time?

Base

it's a motherfucker
Nailbomb said:
What if two people ask the same question at the same time?
god only knows, god only knows...

Base

it's a motherfucker
junglizm said:
I just read your thread and i DEFFINITELY DISAGREE WITH YOU whenb you said "..for something that's a pretty rare occurrence anyway?" Rape is a serious problem in South Africa, as the article says 55 000 cases are reported each year. And thats only REPORTED, what about the unreported cases.
I'm not about where you live, but this is a F@#$ serious issue in South Africa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jung

???
Premium
I was speaking more in general when I said that.

Swid

Mentally Incarcerated
It's not exactly anti-rape, is it though. I mean it's just the chick won't get pregnant and the guy will most likely get caught, but she'll still get raped, won't she? Unless 100% of women wear it, it's not reallt Anti-rape.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
Swid said:
It's not exactly anti-rape, is it though. Unless 100% of women wear it, it's not reallt Anti-rape.
wake up, hun. A rapist with this femdom stuck to weener will have to go to the surgeons. When they see "anti-rape device" stamped on it he'll end up arrested, thus preventing him from repeating the act again in a hurry.

Swid said:
I mean it's just the chick won't get pregnant and the guy will most likely get caught, but she'll still get raped, won't she?
What's worse, crutch pain or an unwanted bastard child? ...think about it from the victim's child's poit of view too. How would you feel being the spawn of rape?

Swid

Mentally Incarcerated
I'm just saying rape is rape. Rape without this Rapex wouldn't have a 100% chance of getting the girl pregnant anyways. It's not really anti-rape, because someone still gets raped is all I'm saying.

Piro

Swid said:
I'm just saying rape is rape. Rape without this Rapex wouldn't have a 100% chance of getting the girl pregnant anyways. It's not really anti-rape, because someone still gets raped is all I'm saying.
Well in that case, a condom isn't "exactly" a contraceptive; they don't have 100% chance of preventing pregnancy.

Think of it this way: The rapest has her down, goes to penetrate to find a biting femdom on his little friend. What is he going to do, ignore this new addition to his manhood or stop the chosen activity, namely rape, to try and remove the attached?

As for anti-rape, well maybe the name is a little too definite, perhaps rape deterant or rape-sedator instead, better?

What the real issue is whether she gets beaten to the edge of her life for putting the rapist in that situation of having to give himself in.

But inevitable he will have to go in to surgeory to regain the ability to piss and get nicked in the process. This anti-rape device will gain it's name by frightening the shit out of rapists though advertisement, news stories of "how this femdom meant I got raped for 10 seconds instead of an hour" (poor example) and word of mouth. It will help decrease rape numbers, that's for certain.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
I have one word for this issue which will put to rest any effectiveness such an interesting but ultimately useless device might have:
Sodomy.

Piro

Ah, crud. I completely overlooked anal; good point. :happysad: ..and take that smug look off your face. :p

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
After reading this article I have a sudden urge to listen to Fistful of Teeth by Gwar.....(hopefully someone gets that)

But in all seriousness this is a great idea! Those who rape need to be punished and we can't rely on law enforcement to do anything about them. But I wish there was something more fatal for those who rape kids...

DirtyBird

Divides by Zero
I'm sorry guys, but I can't help but feel this is a great idea. Rapists should rot in hell.. or have their penises shoved through a cheese grater. This is close enough.

And as far as sodomy goes, I am assuming this device isnt noticeable until it uh... ouch. So by the time you'd realize it's there, the damage is done. Just an assumption. If nothing else it will at least permanently scar a few of these assholes.

And as far as whether it's anti-rape or not... arguing over semantics is kind of ridiculous. If these things start getting used then word will get around, and it will work well enough as a deterrent, especially if it gets more popular. Now if it's a deterrent, is that not anti-rape? If not, then I don't see what is. Yes, someone may get raped, but the aggressor becomes the victim in at least some form or other here. And hopefully it will only take a few of these occurances to set an example for the rest of them.

Jiraffe said:
After reading this article I have a sudden urge to listen to Fistful of Teeth by Gwar.....(hopefully someone gets that)
Or maybe "Baby Raper" or "Fucking An Animal" instead.