WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Anti-Spongebob Debate

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
What is wrong with our world today? Seriously, you have a groups of radical Muslims blowing people and killing each other. You have the radical Christian people against everything and everyone. I doubt Jessus highly cares about SpongeBob SquarePants, but a Mississippi group does. I must say they do so a little to much…

"Their inclusion of the reference to 'sexual identity" within their 'tolerance pledge' is not only unnecessary, but it crosses a moral line," James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, said in a statement released Thursday.” ~ http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/20/sponge.bob.reut/

"However, a short step beneath the surface reveals that one of the differences being celebrated is homosexuality." ~ http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2005/01/21/906229-ap.html

So is it now my understanding that our children are not suppose to accept homosexuality as a way of life for some people because they may turn gay. I mean is this promoting healthy growth with in our children? So if a child see or aspects someone being gay they should instantly be disgusted turn their heads and vomit. Then charge full force and attack the person, mane and kill them… IT doesn’t make sense. Why can’t we explain to our children; “ that people believe and feel different things. Just because they believe it does not make it right or wrong. We can chose to agree or disagree with it in a peaceful and respectful manner. We don‘t have to like the idea of being gay, and don‘t have to practice, it but we can accept that other people do. In the end God will decided who is right and wrong.”

I guess maybe that’s not the Christian way of doing it? I don’t honestly understand some of their reasoning.

“ SpongeBob - who appears on the children's cable channel Nickelodeon - is seen as an icon for adult gay men in the US, apparently because he regularly holds hands with his sidekick Patrick.” ~http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4190699.stm

So we are teaching our children now that holding hands can only be done by a woman and man. That is sexual and wrong. So instead of holding hands you neat to beat that other little boys ass. I mean they are children they don’t understand the roles of a man and woman. That holding hands between to boys may be looked upon as being something other then friends. I mean sponge bob holds hands with Patrick and they are normally skipping. I for one would rather see more people hold hands then beating each other up. W

“The Wall Street Journal says part of its reported $500m (£322m) merchandise sales have come from gay men snapping up branded toys, lunch boxes and even thongs.” ~ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/2313221.stm

So if gay guys like it, then it must be gay. OF CORSE NOW IT MAKES SENSE.

One of the most horniest non-gay guys I know LOVES sponge bob and wears his boxers. He is all about woman. He wouldn’t be caught dead even so much as hugging a guy. So does that now make sponge bob anti-gay?

"However, a short step beneath the surface reveals that one of the differences being celebrated is homosexuality."

Why not? What are we suppose to do towards people who are not straight. I mean are we suppose to set up Gas Chambers and kill them in a large massive murder. Declaring them un-human and evil. Impose our mortal judgment upon them?

What else could one expect from a group such as this;

http://www.afa.net/entertainment/Default.asp?y=2005&m=1&id=4#results

Jung

???
Premium
I didn't notice that the AFA was involved when I posted earlier. But yeah, this is completely retarded and the AFA are fucking wack jobs. :(

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
HOLY shit the more and more I read of this group. The more fearful I get.

2,401,340 Members Strong and Growing.... Is there a group out there, to exploiting there bullshit.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
Come on, what's so bad about Spongebob Squarepants? I watch the show and I'm not gay. I think people are looking too far into this...they're just jealous that they didn't think of the show first! :D :D :D

ferengi

Yay fire!
ROFLMFAO!!!
The CNN one was hilarious... I never thought I'd see a caption under a photo as ridiculous as "Spongebob lives in a pineapple under the sea." On such a serious news site. I noticed that and laughed so hard I just about choked to death on the Mt. Dew I was drinking.

Anyway...

What the fuck!? The extreme right run out of shit to attack so now they gotta go after Spongebob!? Jeez, they piss me off just as much as the extreme left.

Ah, the joys of being right in the middle. None of the religious fanaticism of the right, none of the blatant disregard for family values of the left.

Just kidding. Politics confuses me sometimes so I tend to stay away from it. Keeps me from getting migraines. :(

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Reminds me of the uproar against the Teletubbies a few years back.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Woodreaux said:
Reminds me of the uproar against the Teletubbies a few years back.
The fucking teletubbies are evil. they must die. Now spongebob, he rocks.

You know what I find sad about this bullshit? Nevermind that every minute of every day a child is murdered, raped, killed, starved, beaten, kidnapped or abandoned in the USA, as long as we can pretend to fight the good fight by screaming out against cartoons, then we can go to be with a clear consience after beating our wives and cheating on our taxes.

This is not what Christianity or Religion is about. Fucking people make me sick when they use the Lords name to promote violence and the destruction of free speech. God gave mankind freewill for a reason, and Jesus promoted goodwill towards humanity, even the LEPERS, who by todays standards would be those with AIDS, and the children, and the forgotten, and the lonely.

I dont think God or Jesus really care about someones sexuall preferance as much as they care about the children and the hearts of men, for good or bad.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
It's no suprise. The extreme christian groups are also the ones that targeted the Teletubbies, and more recently, Sponge Bob Squarepants. Both because they thought that the characters are gay. The premise is that Sponge Bob and his friend Patric are gay lovers. True sponge bob is a bit of a pansey, but gay?

Read about Gay Bob Homo pants

Homophobic bible thumping right winger said:
The video also features children's favourites like Bob the Builder, along with characters from Sesame Street and The Muppet Show.

But James Dobson, founder of right-wing Christian group Focus on the Family, singled out SpongeBob at a black-tie dinner in Washington in the run-up to President Bush's inauguration, the New York Times said.

SpongeBob - who appears on the children's cable channel Nickelodeon - is seen as an icon for adult gay men in the US, apparently because he regularly holds hands with his sidekick Patrick.

"We see the video as an insidious means by which the organisation is manipulating and potentially brainwashing kids. " ~Paul Batura - Focus on the Family
Get a life fuckers.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
calling spongebob gay is not fair.. that dude did nothing but make us laugh and they go against him.. blah thats indispicable. ohh well people are looking for anything new that they can point the finger at.. you watch in no time someone will get tired of the crap and there will be no more spongebob.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
It's written somewhere in the bible that the final battle is to be when Jesus comes back and get's his ass handed to him by a Gay sponge. That would rock! They are just pissed thier favorite fictional characters don't have a hit cartoon series.
OH yeah, and who told them to get off their knees? Bow down and you are using your mouths for the wrong purpose.

JUng: Flash up Jesus .VS SpongeBob live on WTF.com .

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
swizeguy said:
calling spongebob gay is not fair.. that dude did nothing but make us laugh and they go against him.. blah thats indispicable. ohh well people are looking for anything new that they can point the finger at.. you watch in no time someone will get tired of the crap and there will be no more spongebob.
actually i was on a site where they were talking about getting rid of spongebob, hey anarold, comander zim and a few other...

It was a petition to save the shows.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
_Kitana_ said:
actually i was on a site where they were talking about getting rid of spongebob, hey anarold, comander zim and a few other...

It was a petition to save the shows.
Thats just sad those shows dont do anything wrong. What the hell is their problem?!?!

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
If anyone's gay on Spongebob Squarepants it's Squidward...DUH! :rolleyes:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Personally I feel that in America, Christianity is more warped than it is in other parts of the world, and with good reason. The lack of any kind of diversity in most conservative areas creates what is a big vacuum of ideas, and leads to people only believing one thing because of a lack of conflicting statements. By contrast, us here in the more liberal states have more diversity, and that creates somewhat of our own "Hellenistic Culture," which is why our society is less conformist, and focuses on change. When one group is upset, people show compassion, and new laws and ideas are implemented to make that group happy, which in turn alerts other groups to problems they have.

But, in an area where everyone is only exposed to one minority at the most (That being African American), there really isn't much tolerance to other cultures; it just weirds the locals out. Lack of understanding is what created scapegoating in World War II in the U.S. in the Japanese internment camps, and it may very well happen on a non-governmental scale in the conservative states, but on a social level. Gays may be blamed for all problems with society, but currently that idea is only being practiced by a select few. It needs to be fixed, or else we will have the U.S. Civil War II on our hands. I've noticed lately that we keep becoming more and more intolerant of the South, and that is not a good thing.

Broken

Geez; man settle down. It's cool if you are fruity. Everyone knows you can't get cooties over the internet. We aren't going to run you off, although you have been cock farmed what twice already?

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
wait wait wait

doesnt spongebob wanna fuck the squirrel? I thought that was the premise.

Broken

bigck3000 said:
wait wait wait

doesnt spongebob wanna fuck the squirrel? I thought that was the premise.
Stop confusing the bible thumpers with facts! Remember the episode where he shaved Sandy Bald, and the fur ended up on his face as a Beard. Come on read between the lines people.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
He was wearing her "squirel covers" on his face.