WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Antiques

swizeguy

How dare you!?
I was just given 2 really old guitars. I dont know how much they're worth. Does anyone know a good website that i might be able to find them on?

swizeguy said:
I was just given 2 really old guitars. I dont know how much they're worth. Does anyone know a good website that i might be able to find them on?
Edit: Wrong link. Try searching used guitars, under the brands you have.

Also, if you know the exact model, you could try google. They're lots of guides to musical pricing. You can find some of them here: http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/instrumentvalue.htm

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Thanks a bunch ill try them. One i know is an "orpheum" the other one im not so sure because the name got kinda rubbed off....

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Try looking up local appraisers in your area. NOT antique dealers. Insurance appraisers will tell you how much to insure something for.

However, unless they are in really good shape, come from some very famous and documentable background or are simply extremely rare they are probably not worth much.

UberSkippy said:
However, unless they are in really good shape, come from some very famous and documentable background or are simply extremely rare they are probably not worth much.
He's right. Though, you could have someone fix them up, at a cheap price. This could stimulate more money. Depending.