WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Any ideas--How do I vent this anger appropriately?

We have a need for a "go to" / gopher at my company. I referred a friend for this position and was told by the manager who'd become this gopher's direct supervisor that my friend was a perfect fit per his resume and my "vouch."

I spoke with our COO (this manager's direct supervisor), and he agreed that it was a great fit: we can get the guy cheap and he can handle all the running around that's been draining all of us otherwise busy folks.

Last week, the requisition was rushed through management, and I was told to get my buddy in ASAP for an interview. I was led to believe the position and the req were literally created for my buddy. I was asked--in fact--whether or not I knew my buddy was ready to give notice at his current job because we needed to get someone in here very quickly.

Well, the interview happened this morning. I talked to my buddy afterward, and he felt that it had gone well. I heard no word from this manager or his boss--both of whom I felt like I had a good relationship with. So I asked the COO politely, and he responded that this manager had changed his mind. The manager was now looking for someone higher level than my buddy. This manager, of course, does not appear to have the moral backbone to say anything to me.

I am enraged. How does what I've been told is a sure thing fall apart in this manner? Is there anything I can say to this manager that will reflect my frustration and anger? I feel that these two have been disloyal to me, especially considering that the gopher would be taking a lot off my plate, leaving me to move on to bigger (and perhaps) better things.

I did. And I've smoked like 10 butts. Nothing's soothing the rage yet.

Jung

???
Premium
likewisecc said:
I did. And I've smoked like 10 butts. Nothing's soothing the rage yet.
Try crack.:dizzy:

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Find some way to hold your manager over the barrel and use that leverage (and common sence) to get that position for your friend.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
otepsoul said:
crack rules
Crack.. thats so horrible for you, why not try weed?
Weed > Crack.

FUCKORBEFUCKED

Pissed off since birth
Remember upper management will always look out for what’s best for the company and not an individual. That just the way it is. I feel your pain. :mad:

Also, when making statements about the ignorance of others, we should refrain from being ignorant ourselves.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Don't climb a clock tower with a sniper rifle, it's already been done. -Be original

-

likewisecc said:
We have a need for a "go to" / gopher at my company. I referred a friend for this position and was told by the manager who'd become this gopher's direct supervisor that my friend was a perfect fit per his resume and my "vouch."

I spoke with our COO (this manager's direct supervisor), and he agreed that it was a great fit: we can get the guy cheap and he can handle all the running around that's been draining all of us otherwise busy folks.

Last week, the requisition was rushed through management, and I was told to get my buddy in ASAP for an interview. I was led to believe the position and the req were literally created for my buddy. I was asked--in fact--whether or not I knew my buddy was ready to give notice at his current job because we needed to get someone in here very quickly.

Well, the interview happened this morning. I talked to my buddy afterward, and he felt that it had gone well. I heard no word from this manager or his boss--both of whom I felt like I had a good relationship with. So I asked the COO politely, and he responded that this manager had changed his mind. The manager was now looking for someone higher level than my buddy. This manager, of course, does not appear to have the moral backbone to say anything to me.

I am enraged. How does what I've been told is a sure thing fall apart in this manner? Is there anything I can say to this manager that will reflect my frustration and anger? I feel that these two have been disloyal to me, especially considering that the gopher would be taking a lot off my plate, leaving me to move on to bigger (and perhaps) better things.

so your friiend quit his job and now hes joblesS?!