WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Anyone else feel this?

Binarycow

The guy with the fast KIA
159
0
0
#1
You know of all these cliques in school, or work, or whatever, and you know that you have a few friends at said establishments, but you feel that you just dont belong. Lets go back to the 80's, with the hippies, the bboys and bgirls, and the jocks and what not. Were you ever in any one of these groups, or todays similar things (clique-wise), and just felt you didn't belong? I'm really getting that feeling right now. My BEST friends are all apart of this one group, which we call hardcore, and they all go to shows and shit, and do their thing, but I really dont feel that I like any of that stuff. No one else likes what I like, except for 1 person at my school. I'm into techno, jazz, and all sorts of kinds of things, but no one else shares my opinion on anything. I just feel lonely. Anyone else feel this feeling of lonelyness?
 

Slacker

Postaholic
3,735
317
127
#2
Binarycow said:
You know of all these cliques in school, or work, or whatever, and you know that you have a few friends at said establishments, but you feel that you just dont belong. Lets go back to the 80's, with the hippies, the bboys and bgirls, and the jocks and what not. Were you ever in any one of these groups, or todays similar things (clique-wise), and just felt you didn't belong? I'm really getting that feeling right now. My BEST friends are all apart of this one group, which we call hardcore, and they all go to shows and shit, and do their thing, but I really dont feel that I like any of that stuff. No one else likes what I like, except for 1 person at my school. I'm into techno, jazz, and all sorts of kinds of things, but no one else shares my opinion on anything. I just feel lonely. Anyone else feel this feeling of lonelyness?

i no what your talkin about i hang out with 20-30 kids at school and they all arent interested in what i am but they're still my freinds. im kindoff like a outcast in a clique and im kindoff thinken you are too.
 

Binarycow

The guy with the fast KIA
159
0
0
#3
yes, thats exactly my situation! Glad (but sad) to see that some other people are in my situation as well.
 

Slacker

Postaholic
3,735
317
127
#4
Binarycow said:
yes, thats exactly my situation!
everybody else is into pop music such as usher other crap like that but im into classic rock techno and skating
 

Binarycow

The guy with the fast KIA
159
0
0
#5
man, classic rock, techno, and snowboarding. Cant do without some Floyd throughout the day.
 

Slacker

Postaholic
3,735
317
127
#6
Binarycow said:
man, classic rock, techno, and snowboarding. Cant do without some Floyd throughout the day.
i snowboard and everybody else skies they are kindoff a total opposite of me but still my freinds
 
4,149
2
0
#7
Binarycow said:
You know of all these cliques in school, or work, or whatever, and you know that you have a few friends at said establishments, but you feel that you just dont belong. Lets go back to the 80's, with the hippies, the bboys and bgirls, and the jocks and what not. Were you ever in any one of these groups, or todays similar things (clique-wise), and just felt you didn't belong? I'm really getting that feeling right now. My BEST friends are all apart of this one group, which we call hardcore, and they all go to shows and shit, and do their thing, but I really dont feel that I like any of that stuff. No one else likes what I like, except for 1 person at my school. I'm into techno, jazz, and all sorts of kinds of things, but no one else shares my opinion on anything. I just feel lonely. Anyone else feel this feeling of lonelyness?
Welcome to high school. That is exactly how I felt in high school. In fact, I think it's that way with everyone in high school to some degree. Everyone is going through their teenage years, and they have all these personal issues to deal with. They get so wrapped up in them that they don't really acknowledge anyone else's problems or connect with people. Once you get into college it will be different, trust me. I went from having almost no really close friends to having a bunch.
 

Binarycow

The guy with the fast KIA
159
0
0
#8
Thats what my sister told me. You find some freinds in highschool, and you think that they are great. Once you get to college, though, you find your true friends.
 
4,149
2
0
#9
Binarycow said:
Thats what my sister told me. You find some freinds in highschool, and you think that they are great. Once you get to college, though, you find your true friends.
Listen to your sister. Don't worry. I know it's hard, but you'll get through it. There are other cliches I could throw at you here, but I won't bore you with them.
 

Slacker

Postaholic
3,735
317
127
#10
Binarycow said:
Thats what my sister told me. You find some freinds in highschool, and you think that they are great. Once you get to college, though, you find your true friends.
as you get older you will most likely find your true freinds and you will get wwiser on who you hang out with
 

bnccoder

Postaholic
2,479
0
36
#11
Everyone is out for themselves. Don't let it bother you, after high school people grow up and realize what good friends are.
 

Slacker

Postaholic
3,735
317
127
#12
bnccoder said:
Everyone is out for themselves. Don't let it bother you, after high school people grow up and realize what good friends are.
im with bnccoder, even though im a outcast i wont let it bother me
 
11,074
726
382
#13
Here's how my high school was:

Everybody















Me.

I didn't let it bother me. :)