WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Anyone Else Write Poetry

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
I really hate people who don't know how to write poetry and yet still call themselves a poet. I mean i may not be the best but at least my poems have some style and structure to them. What the hell is with these 5 mins poems with simple words and basically poor flow... at least read a poem once in your fucking life, before you try to write one...
:mad:

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
_Kitana_ said:
I really hate people who don't know how to write poetry and yet still call themselves a poet. I mean i may not be the best but at least my poems have some style and structure to them. What the hell is with these 5 mins poems with simple words and basically poor flow... at least read a poem once in your fucking life, before you try to write one...
Fuck!

I'm a poet... here's my masterpiece:

Life's a bitch
then you die
so fuck the world
let's all get high

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Fuck it... post your shit... here a new one of mine!

~~~~untitled~~~~~~~

Immoral thoughts formed in the night
of wicked words and fears unleashed
for a love still felt, but ever fleeting from the light.

Now this to ponder on
with cherry scares from a dull blade
And horrors reveled in summers dawn.

One slice, just profound enough,
maybe even another
from an idle hand not to tough.

Thus how one does spiral so young
into a meaningless indulgent
Of life with a viral tongue.

“Inspire me“, now the lips do murmur
searching for but one more reason to forget
this deed on oneself of deeper murder.

Only the wind does now plea
in this early morn
With a soft reminder of an existence still free.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
_Kitana_ said:
alright opened eyes...

didn't see we had a poetry thread going already
No biggie, you gotta kinda dig around to find a few worthwhile things here.
You'll get used to sifting and learning to ignore...

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
GottaHurt said:
yeah Just skip over anything I post.. you will be otay!

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
GottaHurt said:
or i will just create my own lol...we need a libary forum here...one to post writting and poetry... some of you sound like you would be great fucking writers..

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
_Kitana_ said:
or i will just create my own lol...we need a libary forum here...one to post writting and poetry... some of you sound like you would be great fucking writers..
...and you can be da sexy librarian in the red skirt and tight sweater.....

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
GottaHurt said:
...and you can be da sexy librarian in the red skirt and tight sweater.....
lol don't think that would work. I am not calm and quite enough to work in a libary...

darksinner

the big green demon
hey nowback off she is my sexy librarian in a tight skirt and sexy tight red shirt
growl yum

yum yum
:mfinger:

magnolia

Postaholic
_Kitana_ said:
I wish I could write poetry. It's something I've always wanted to do but was never able to do well. Ur lucky.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
darksinner said:
hey nowback off she is my sexy librarian in a tight skirt and sexy tight red shirt
growl yum

yum yum
:mfinger:
Mr.Sinner

Don't make me break out the whips and chains

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
i haven't posted any of my shit on here yet.. but i'm planning to. they're mostly lyrics though, i usually have a bit of a structure for them i suppose, but most of the time i just write and it will usually end up sounding alright.
btw.. i have to find a poem to analyse for summer school english class, have any suggestions?

crazyking158

Dont Tease The Monkey
Dumb Ass

:gun: IM sorry Kitana_ but im gonan have to say you a complete moron on this subj, poetry is about self expression, so gives if someone does abide teh "guide lines " writing, if we all did that, then it be the same fucking shit, you know its ok to step outside the fucking box and think up new shit once in a while

Pachyderm

I really did.
When writing on here I guess you are subjecting yourself to good/bad critisism. So what comes next is not a personal attack. Kitana, I gotta say, your writing is slathered in unexcusably bad prose. Many of the stories I have read of yours are thick with imagery and metaphors that hide the exposition and the meaning behind you words. Your stories and poems are deep in concept, but do not flow very well themselves. Poetry can be as simple as a quote from a random person or as complex as a Hemmingway book. I guess you can define poetry in your own mind but, remember, it is not a fact, it is an opinion.

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
I sometimes do poetry but I ironically hate structured form with a passion. Since most of my poetry tends to be flow-of-thoughts more than anything else, it will inevitably have a weird rythm to it and pretty much little to no structure or rhymes. :confused:;