WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Anyone here try Longhorn yet?

Descent

Hella Constipated
I just tried out Build 4051, and I'm impressed!

I'm definitely buying a legit copy of this when it comes out.

It runs silky smooth on a Duron.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
a very long time ago. it caused errors and we have not touched it since. foul, foul beast as it is.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm quite impressed. I think the GUI is the best I've ever used.

Ergonomics++.

Jung

???
Premium
Firsst off, lol at your ever changing M$ sucks/is awesome opinions.

I honestly think XP is the last Windows OS that I'll be buying; I use Linux and my Mac more and more everyday. So long, Microsoft!
dustinzgirl said:
a very long time ago. it caused errors and we have not touched it since. foul, foul beast as it is.
That's what happens when you run Alpha versions of an operating system.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm satisfied with it's reliability so far.

But it's ergonomics are great - I will surely be buying it, it makes my computing experience 1000x more enjoyable and quick.

Jung

???
Premium
Is that build even an official beta yet?

Edit: That can't be the newest build, I know I remember hearing about it a while ago.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Yeah, you'll really love the DRM aspects of it. It's great. It'll look at each and every file on your system to see if you have a legit copy of it.

So all those MP3's that you've downloaded you won't be able to listen too. Unless you can provide a license for each one. Woops, is that a burnned CD you just put in your drive... I'm sorry... that's a nono.

Who knows what it'll really be like in the end but I'm just not into some Operating System having ultimate say so of the legality of my file ownership.

Descent

Hella Constipated
It doesn't matter, because on April 25th, Beta 1 will be made available to MSDN users.

On October 12th, a public Beta 2 will be made available for the common public.

Diesel

Clitpickle
Descent said:
I'm satisfied with it's reliability so far.

But it's ergonomics are great - I will surely be buying it, it makes my computing experience 1000x more enjoyable and quick.
I thought MS was on it's way out a couple days ago, according to your Forbes analyst.
And that Longhorn was going to be the last MS OS... I believe you said they were going to "die out as a major player".

Funny... where did I hear that?

You do 180's better than a hooker giving a half-and-half.

tzedek

Original Member
Diesel said:
I thought MS was on it's way out a couple days ago, according to your Forbes analyst.
And that Longhorn was going to be the last MS OS... I believe you said they were going to "die out as a major player".

Funny... where did I hear that?

You do 180's better than a hooker giving a half-and-half.

Why must you always try to break him down? stop being such a dick