WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

anyone use allofmp3?

tzedek

Original Member
http://www.allofmp3.com/

I am going to check it out. I think it costs 1c per MB and you can get any format or quality that you like. anyone else use this?

Jung

???
Premium
I have before, but I still prefer buying CDs and ripping them myself. All of the high quality rips from that site, even lossless, are just reencodes. Plus I'm actually supporting the artists by buying the CDs.

thugunit69

Flame Bait
haha 1c a MD.....?? wut about for free?? 0$ = unlimited.... mIRC! :D

Jung

???
Premium
thugunit69 said:
wut about for free?? 0$ = unlimited.... mIRC! :D
What about being a decent person, and actually supporting the artists you like?

Also, those "scene" rips you get are pure shit. I don't want 128 or 192Kb mp3s, they sound like fucking ass.

tzedek

Original Member
thugunit69 said:
haha 1c a MD.....?? wut about for free?? 0$ = unlimited.... mIRC! :D

you wont last long here

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Trust me...most of the commercial music artists that anyone would consider dl'ing are more than "supported" by their merchandise and ticket sales. If you listen to more indie type stuff...most of them have the songs for dl on their sites. The only thing you're supporting by buying the music is the actual record company and more specifically..the owner of the record company. God forbid that they cant make the payment on their beach house in Brazil.

(I know I'm generalizing but you cant honestly believe you're "supporting" anything but the excesses of record company official.)

Jung

???
Premium
bigck3000 said:
(I know I'm generalizing but you cant honestly believe you're "supporting" anything but the excesses of record company official.)
Contrary to popular belief, the artists DO depend on those revenues. That said, hardly anything I listen to is released under the RIAA, much less major labels, so it's even more of a factor.