WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Anyone watch the game last night?

hehehe nice title huh? anyhoo i watched the hockey game last night toronto vs ottawa. seen the first shoot out in "hockey history" it was awesome! the new rules are kinda cool, i always hated it when they ended in ties. so to sum it up toronto lost (sorry shep) but the shoot out was cool:thumbsup: i also noticed they moved in the blue lines. are there any other new rules with it starting up again that i missed? i'm so happy that hockey is back :D

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm not a big fan of hockey, but I read in the paper that goalie pads were slimmer, making it easier to score.

I think that was the most significant change.

hmmm dunno i'll wait to see if anyone knows more about that one. BTW, how can you not watch hockey?! what kind of man are you?!

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Nymphchick said:
BTW, how can you not watch hockey?! what kind of man are you?!
An American. Our newspaper summed it up best...

"NHL is back ... anyone care?"

Not many people here seem to give a damn.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
GO HABS GO!!!!
Hell yeah, 2 and 0. We will pwn the Ottawa Pussies saturday.

The most significant change is they fucking call holding now. Lots of powerplays for now, but teams should adapt.

well i did hear the goalies pads are thinner and the shoot out is up in the air with fans, but i love the fact that its back on baby!

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
Oh yeah...hockey is back from the dead.

nope, not a hockey fan. Sorry Nymph.

I only like the highlights from the fights. :p

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Nymphchick said:
hehehe nice title huh? anyhoo i watched the hockey game last night toronto vs ottawa. seen the first shoot out in "hockey history" it was awesome! the new rules are kinda cool, i always hated it when they ended in ties. so to sum it up toronto lost (sorry shep) but the shoot out was cool:thumbsup: i also noticed they moved in the blue lines. are there any other new rules with it starting up again that i missed? i'm so happy that hockey is back :D
ahh yes, icehocky got shat on last year didnt it?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Fuck you all, hockey rules.

What do you like anyways, fucking baseball? booya.

tw33k

Theoretical Realist
Rule Changes

As for the rule changes, yeah they moved the blue lines back 4 ft. They net is 4 ft. closer to the endboards now, and the goalie can't go into the corner to play the puck, or it's a penalty. Also 2 line pass is legal now. Still won't help my team the Chicago Blackhawks, they don't believe in scoring. So, Go Bears. Wait they don't score either.

RageAgainst said:
Fuck you all, hockey rules.

What do you like anyways, fucking baseball? booya.
What he said!
Leafs are losing right now, but we're gonna tie it up in the third!

Disadvantaged-c

omfgwtfbbqsteakmix
Nymphchick said:

The leafs sucked tonight,i hope they bounce back, two of the best wernt on the team so yah. The defense was crap this game tho...damn crappy defense's lolwllawalwlaw.

Janglenut

Particinator
Yes I am esstatic about hockey being back on T.V.

Red wings are 2-0 bitches. We're winning the cup again this year.

Pity it's going to be sad watching McCarty in a different jersy on Sunday.

Oh yeah, for the guy who said the rule changes. The blue line went back 2 ft towards red line, and goal line went back 2 ft making the offensive zone bigger. Goalies have more stipulations, they can come out and play the puck but not forward.

Disadvantaged-c said:
The leafs sucked tonight,i hope they bounce back, two of the best wernt on the team so yah. The defense was crap this game tho...damn crappy defense's lolwllawalwlaw.
Now man, we actually played pretty well. We gotta start winning though.
Damn you RageAgainst!

Janglenut

Particinator
canadian_pov said:
Now man, we actually played pretty well. We gotta start winning though.
Damn you RageAgainst!

Leafs are going to have a horrible season.