Appendix update, for those who care

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
Figured this was the easiest way to update my "what do you hate today" post. I got tired of waiting for someone to call me, so I called a couple of docs and finally had the general surgeon return my call this afternoon. I have a belly button hernia that's not a big deal and can be taken care of once I eventually get my appendix out. The appendix is at a size she's happy with (8 mm) and she's not worried about it. There's a 1 in 3 chance it'll come back. I plan to get it out this summer but of course if I have any pain at all, I go to the ER right away.

The past few weeks have sucked but the medicine worked and I'm feeling much better. I'm a little worried that the appendicitis will come back, but for the time being I'll live my life normally.

Stardust

stomping through the forest like a tiny dinosaurus
Premium
Glad to hear you got some answers! Hopefully itā€™ll stay small and happy.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Jane Deere

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
Thanks guys! I'm also hoping out stays small, but I'm getting this internal time bomb out this summer. I don't want it and I don't need it so buh bye! I'm a little nervous because my antibiotics are done and it's on its own now. I just hope it was enough to completely nuke the infection. Down with the appendix!

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
You'll be fine, you spotted it, that's the main thing, I had mine removed when I was 21 and ignored all the symptoms until I had to be stretchered to an ambulance to have it removed the next day, I also had hernia when I was 1 , the 2 scars almost touch each other, walk in the park mate.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
I had my appendix removed when I was 10. Was puking up EVERYTHING for 2 days and went straight from the family doc to emergency surgery, after which, the surgeon said he'd never seen an appendix that inflamed without rupture. I ended up with a long scar instead of the now usual 2 small holes.

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
Holy cow! Both of your stories are crazy!!

I'm nervous... I'm feeling pain. It's not like it was, but it's on the right and is slowly progressing. I'm a bit worried about what it'll be like tomorrow. If it gets constant I'm going in. So nervous.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I had my appendix removed when I was 10. Was puking up EVERYTHING for 2 days and went straight from the family doc to emergency surgery, after which, the surgeon said he'd never seen an appendix that inflamed without rupture. I ended up with a long scar instead of the now usual 2 small holes.
That's what my doctor told me and I have a long scar, no small holes here.

I bet my appendix was more inflamed than your little appendix which was just a bit upset..

I'm nervous... I'm feeling pain. It's not like it was, but it's on the right and is slowly progressing. I'm a bit worried about what it'll be like tomorrow. If it gets constant I'm going in. So nervous.
Thats horrible Jane Deere, if it was like the pain I had, which I kept brushing off as a poorly tummy.. I was okay for about the week the last time until I woke in the middle of the night shaking and cant walk.. my nan looked at me and in a calm voice said I have appendicitus.

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
Went to urgent care today because it was cheaper and I was afraid I'd get sent home. Well, they called the surgeon and I'm going to be admitted today as soon as they have a bed. I don't know if I'll be having surgery tonight or what but as soon as a bed is set up ready, I'm going to the hospital to end this.

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
I'm home!! Doc said my appendix was fatter than it should be. Surgery was smooth and my recovery thus far has been smooth, too. I'm so incredibly grateful to be home!! Thank you for all of the love this week!
That's great news, I'm glad the surgery was successful. Hope you got some good pain killers, otherwise contact @gehtfuct for that wacky tobaccy. ;)