WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Arcade Tournament

Should we set up a bracket-style tournament for one of the arcade games?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LiberatioN

Trance Addict

I just noticed this feature. I'm not sure about the specifics behind it, but do you think there could be anyway to set up an arcade tournament?

The game I'd suggest for the tournament would be Heli Attack 2. It's the most suitable and requires the most skill to survive. I'm not sure if anything would have to be set up that isn't already a feature of the site, but I'd be more than willing to help out with organization and Player vs Player (if that's the format we wanted to do) format. I'd just hate to see a potentially cool feature like this continue to go to waste. Sorry if there are other threads mentioning this; the purpose of this thread is to get some feedback.

My idea would be to post signups in form of a thread and then set up times for the people to play (not specific; just a time range). You could have the losing player report their loss and that would automatically administer the bracket (ie: no manual assistance needed unless there's a technical problem).

Jung

???
Premium
LiberatioN said:
Who the hell voted no? Don't just vote 'No' and have nothing to say.
I voted no because I've played maybe two games my entire tenure here. Of those two games I think I actually finished one. Flash games don't hold my interest, so I'm not interested. That said, I didn't mean to shit on your idea, I just voted accordingly to my interest.

That satisfy your curiosity?

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Yea. At least I know who voted "No". Thanks for your honesty.

I think enough people would be interested if we could get people's feedback...

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
I agree, it would be a lot of fun!!

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Looks like the 'yay' whores win...

Okay, who's officially in our first tourney?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
junglizm said:
I voted no because I've played maybe two games my entire tenure here. Of those two games I think I actually finished one. Flash games don't hold my interest, so I'm not interested. That said, I didn't mean to shit on your idea, I just voted accordingly to my interest.

That satisfy your curiosity?
Thanks for voting and posting in a thread you're not interested in...johnny.

I vote....sure.

Descent

Hella Constipated
PatticusRex said:
Anyone looking to get reamed in missle command? :)
I'll fucking kick your ass bitch, I have an Atari 2600.

Jason, is there any way we could hunt down an Ultimate Flash Sonic version for vB?

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
w00t, Jason gives the go-ahead. :thumbsup:

count me in, of course. :rolleyes:

as I mentioned in my PM, we should start a php sign-up sheet so we can organize a bracket.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Anybody wants to go bugs bunny fishing... look at my title :)