WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Arctic ice metling, Bush doesn't give a fuck

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=scienceNews&storyID=6748662&section=news

http://www.boston.com/news/science/articles/2004/11/07/bush_stands_firm_against_kyoto_pact/

Whoever sais global warming is bullshit, please die.

Ok so we NEED to reduce fossil fuels emissions. Now, everyone signed Kyoto except for the US. Russia just did last week. Bush says he will not sign anything that will lead to the loss of one single american job (oh he's full of shit). Ok so this leads to one serious philosophical question. Is the US economy more important than our planets health? If we don't reduce the emissions now, when will we?

Reducing them might not be good for the short-term economy, but on the long term, it's nothing but positive.

So that's just one more reason for me to say, FUCK BUSH :mfinger:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
fuck, no replies.. Don't you even give just a tiny little shit about environment?

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Well, the next ice age is comming whether we like it or not, its all a matter of whether we kill ourselves beforehand.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
"Loss of one American job"?

Then why is the IRS laying off 12,000 people over the next two years and sending their jobs to India?

I have a friend that works there. (holtsville, NY). Their entire building is being shut down, and 1000 people are being dumped. They just got the memo a couple of months ago.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Bush is a lying sack of shit. Wake up America.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
No at present time bush is not in the situation to sign this or have it be one of our top worries. Let the world figure it out for once and lets focus on the issues at hand with america. Yes, we care.... but you have to fix the problems that you face now before jumping to far into the future. This is not to say he should blow it off completly though. I am sure he has a team working on an issue in a diffrent way.

*sigh*

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I can just forsee this becoming some kind of whacky terrorist attack plot ...

Rage against said:
fuck, no replies.. Don't you even give just a tiny little shit about environment?
It sucks doesn't it rage! Oh what a tangled web we weave! Well we could always Blame Canada!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
_Kitana_ said:
No at present time bush is not in the situation to sign this or have it be one of our top worries. Let the world figure it out for once and lets focus on the issues at hand with america. Yes, we care.... but you have to fix the problems that you face now before jumping to far into the future. This is not to say he should blow it off completly though. I am sure he has a team working on an issue in a diffrent way.

*sigh*
Unfortunately it's not "Far" into the future.
Unfortunately it's the way we act Now that will make the difference then.
Unfortunately it Was His Team that virtually blew off the findings of an un-bias international team of scientists.
So you see how your misplaced trust in someone that can't even spell "Environmental", will end up bad for all of us.

*sigh*

ferengi

Yay fire!
Anyone see the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"?
The government never listens to the scientists until it's too late. We're all doomed to become popsicles :(

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:

*sigh*
That's a very interesting out look you have there.:banghead: I couldn't have said it better than Max. I'm actually surprised, even hearing that come from you. You back woods intellects think saving a hand full of American jobs is more importanat than the entire planet. Maybe you'll sing a different tune when your husband is facing certain death from our enviroment, not just possibly death from this war.

*Sigh*

Why are Bush supporters so illogical?

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
ferengi74656 said:
Anyone see the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"?
The government never listens to the scientists until it's too late. We're all doomed to become popsicles :(
Eh, when the world turns cold, I'll move to Hong Kong or Australia.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth

FUCKORBEFUCKED

Pissed off since birth
There is an easy answer to this. People just need to inform Bush that there is oil in the Artic. He'll get right on it quickly. :p

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Wasn't there a public statement made before 9/11 that global warming is the largest threat to national security?

Isnt Bush regime basically funded by big business?

We are not leaving a world for our children.

We are leaving a mess.

I think it is time to take big business out of government.

We should get rid of lobbyists. Get rid of all this shit we make that destroys our environment.

But hey, what do I know? Im just a small town girl from the northwest.

But I still think I could do a better job as president.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
dustinzgirl said:
Wasn't there a public statement made before 9/11 that global warming is the largest threat to national security?

Isnt Bush regime basically funded by big business?

We are not leaving a world for our children.

We are leaving a mess.

I think it is time to take big business out of government.

We should get rid of lobbyists. Get rid of all this shit we make that destroys our environment.

But hey, what do I know? Im just a small town girl from the northwest.

But I still think I could do a better job as president.
That is wise and naive at the same time... We just need a less right-winged system, kinda like in europe. Look at sweden, high level of life, high environment standards. Why wouldn't it be possible here heh. It's all about money.... But one day, when we will have truly fucked the planet, when there will be no more trees, how the fuck are they gonna make their money? :mfinger:

I think it will soon be time for action... without action there is no change.. without change, we are doomed.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I can just forsee this becoming some kind of whacky terrorist attack plot ...
yeah... big Al Queida sponsored polar bonfires... that would be great.. well no it wouldn't...
sounds interesting...

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Kitana, Let the world figure it out for once and lets focus on the issues at hand with america...etc
If only this same logic was used in other situations....AHEM!!!