WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Are you against Net Neutrality? Let's talk.

Jung

???
Premium
I want to understand why you think it's a bad idea to protect competition.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Hmmm. "Remove laws that limit providers ability to block access..." Fucking doubletalk. Any Company wielding money can use this verbiage to any ends its means desire. Don't kid yourself Jung, money will continue to dictate what you enjoy on the internet.

Jung

???
Premium
Hmmm. "Remove laws that limit providers ability to block access..." Fucking doubletalk. Any Company wielding money can use this verbiage to any ends its means desire. Don't kid yourself Jung, money will continue to dictate what you enjoy on the internet.
I don't think you really understand this issue in a technical sense.

ISPs need common carrier status provided by Title II to ensure neutral interconnection with their transit providers and peers. This is the way telecom has existed for decades, and how the internet existed from the 80s until 2004, and again from 2015 to current. Ending it serves no purpose other than a handout to the largest ISPs in the country.

Crazizniac

Particinator
I understand that the lobbyists who win this one will have more money than the lobbyists who lose this one therefore will control what is readily accessed on the internet in there own way. I support Mozilla's net neutrality fund drives therefore I support net neutrality. Does it matter? Maybe. Can I really control it? Probably not.