WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Arrogant dipshits on the road

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
i'm riding my bike today, and the main road i'm on is sometimes quite busy. these arrogant motorists are beeping me and cursing me, one guy swerved onto the opposite side of the road and almost had a head-on collision.

why can't motorists accept bike riders as normal vehicles?

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
The general speed limit is 45, not 15. Have fun being a splatter!

Janglenut

Particinator
People like you piss me off, get in the sidewalk or ride on the shoulder of the rode. Bikes aren't meant to be on the road.

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
The fucked up thing is, if you ride on the sidewalk, you have the pedestrians yelling at you to ride on the road. If you ride on the road, you have the motorists yelling at you to ride on the sidewalk. Put a motor on it and then go real slow, then they have a reason to yell at you. :thumbsup:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I won't be arrogant if you stay off my road.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
you and your bike weight 250 lbs, my truck weight= 6900 lbs. your choice

Jung

???
Premium
dookie said:
why can't motorists accept bike riders as normal vehicles?
Because roads are meant for automobiles, not bikes. Furthermore, if more people treated bikes as automobiles, there would just be that many more accidents. And it's more than obvious that bicycles don't offer the protection that a 2000lb+ steel framed car does.

Either buy a car, or learn to ride on the shoulder like an other sensible person.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
the law stipulates that in some circumstances a bike can be treated as a regular vehicle

FUCKORBEFUCKED

Pissed off since birth
dookie said:
the law stipulates that in some circumstances a bike can be treated as a regular vehicle
Yeah. Tell that to the 20ton truck that leaves you and your bike twisted. :cool:

Jung

???
Premium
dookie said:
Please post these laws.

Sektor

Particinator
Only where the sign specifically says "SHARE THE ROAD WITH BICYCLES" should we really share the road with you, and even then most of us probably won't even do it.

You just stay the hell out of my way; it might be safer for you.

Slacker

Postaholic
This is why they have bike lanes in Idaho. There is a sidewalk, then right next to that there is a bike lane and there's the road.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
leehype said:
you and your bike weight 250 lbs, my truck weight= 6900 lbs. your choice
WTF kind of bike weighs 250 Lbs?

The new Cast Iron Trek Urban2000, with optional uphill steam engine power assist :rolleyes:

Who cares what the law is. Bikes shouldn't be on the road, it's dangerous.

leehype

MaxPower said:
WTF kind of bike weighs 250 Lbs?

The new Cast Iron Trek Urban2000, with optional uphill steam engine power assist :rolleyes:
If he weighs 200 pounds and the bike weighs 50, i should have said you and your bike cant weight no more than...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
leehype said:
If he weighs 200 pounds and the bike weighs 50, i should have said you and your bike cant weight no more than...
I knew what you meant. I was just being my usual Nitpicking Prick self. :thumbsup:

leehype

MaxPower said:
I knew what you meant. I was just being my usual Nitpicking Prick self. :thumbsup:
Don't do that to me when i first wake up, it scares me ;)

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
It's different in every state but here are the laws for Hawaii. Iam sure there pretty similar to the laws around the country's. Sorry guys it says you can't attach a motor to it if you going to ride on the sidewalk, hahaha. There's more laws but these seemed the most relavant. I think if you can't stay out of the way of traffic ride on the side walk. You probally won't kill anyone with your bike.

EDIT : here's the like to all the states laws for bikes, it even has canada.

http://www.bikemania.biz/bikehighway/cyclinglaws/cyclinglaws.htm

§291C-145 Riding on roadways and bikeways. (a) Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time shall ride as near to the right-hand curb, on the edge of the roadway, or on the shoulder off of the roadway as practicable, exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction; except under any of the following situations:

(1) When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway, except where prohibited by official traffic-control devices;

(2) When reasonably necessary to avoid conditions (including but not limited to fixed or moving objects, vehicles, bicycles, pedestrians, animals, surface hazards, or substandard width lanes) that make it unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb, on the edge of the roadway, or on the shoulder off of the roadway. For purposes of this section, a "substandard width lane" is a lane that is too narrow for a bicycle and a vehicle to travel safely side-by-side within the lane; or

(3) When a roadway is designated and signposted to carry traffic in one direction only and has two or more marked traffic lanes, a person operating a bicycle may ride as near to the left-hand curb, on the edge of the roadway, or on the shoulder off of such roadway as practicable.

(b) Persons riding bicycles upon a roadway shall ride in single file; provided that where the flow of traffic is unimpeded, riding two abreast upon bicycle lanes and bicycle paths shall be permitted when such lane or path is of sufficient width to allow riding two abreast unless otherwise prohibited by rule or ordinance adopted by the director of transportation or by the counties.

(c) Whenever a usable bicycle lane has been provided on a highway, any person operating a bicycle at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time shall ride within such bicycle lane, except that such person may move out of the lane under any of the following situations:

(1) When overtaking and passing another bicycle, vehicle, or pedestrian within the lane or about to enter the lane if such overtaking and passing cannot be done safely within the lane;

(2) When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway; or

(3) When reasonably necessary to leave the bicycle lane to avoid debris or other hazardous conditions.

(d) No person operating a bicycle shall leave a bicycle lane until the movement can be made with reasonable safety and then only after giving an appropriate signal in the event that any vehicle may be affected by the movement.

(e) No person shall operate or ride a bicycle within a bicycle lane in any direction except that permitted of vehicular traffic traveling on the same side of the highway. Upon all bicycle paths of sufficient width and providing for two-way movement of bicycle traffic, bicycles proceeding in opposite directions shall pass each other to the right.

(f) The director of transportation by rule and the counties by ordinance may with respect to bikeways under their respective jurisdictions restrict or prohibit the use of such bikeways by mopeds.

(g) No person shall ride a bicycle equipped with a motor on any sidewalk. The counties may, by ordinance, post bicycle lanes and bicycle paths to prevent persons riding a bicycle equipped with a motor from using them. [L 1971, c 150, pt of §1; am L 1974, c 133, §5; am L 1976, c 148, §4; am L 1977, c 9, §1; am L 1978, c 30, §2 and c 175, §13; am L 1984, c 273, §12; am L 1998, c 29, §1; am L 1999, c 42, §1]

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Fuck that, get off the road. I live in a rural area with some narrow and dangerous roads. Several times in just the past few months I've found myself dodging some stupid ass bike rider who is hogging the road at 10 when I'm doing the speed limit of 35. I dodge around them and have nearly been hit by oncoming traffic on several occasions. If it comes down to running down someone on a bike in the road, or hitting another vehicle head on, the biker is toast. I'm tired of people treating fucking streets like their personal backyard. Get the fuck off the road with a bike. You can ride on the side, or walk it for all I care, but if you're in the middle of the road while I'm coing around a blind corner, you better have some good dodging skills because I'm not wrecking and possibly dying because you want to ride your bike in the road.

Next you're going to argue skateboards should be treated as vehicles right? Sheesh. Sorry but since I almost wrecked a couple days ago so some fucker could "excercise" I'm pretty pissed about this subject.