WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Art

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Do we have any artists on WTF.com?

I can not stop doodling in my notebooks at school to save my life. I've recently drawn two little characters that keep coming up with alarming frequency. I'm thinking of turning them in to flash animation. When my computer stops acting like it has cancer (downloading 100 MB files on 56k is no cake walk), I'll scan in some stuff I've drawn.

I'm not just a doodler, though. I'm in the second-highest art class at my school... not bad for a sophomore. I'll post some of my drawings later too.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys and girls can do (espescially Pachyderm, since I know she's an art student).

Post away!

swizeguy

How dare you!?
i draw and i think that im alright.. i prefer life like drawings im not into doodeling

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Can you scan in/post any of your art work?

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
I use to Write and Piece years ago..

Pachyderm

I really did.
Um.. I am going to have to boast a little bit like the rest of you.
I actually go to an art and design school in Columbus. It's actually called Columbus College of Art and Design. (CCAD). Aparently it has a workload second to Harvard Law, which kinda sucks. Its on Disney's top ten list for schools they hire from.
BUT ANYWAY... Yeah, I like to think of myself as an artist. Unfornutately when I was in highschool, they didn't pay a lot of attention to art students/classes. So if there are a lot of classes and you are thinking of going into animation, do well in them and make friends with your teachers to get recommendations. I can't post any of my drawings because I am in the lab, but maybe later I will. My avatar is a doodle of me though... not exactly acurate.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
i can draw a flower. that is pretty much the extent of my spatial artistic ability.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
I sketch and draw a bit. My avatar is my work for example. I haven't taken an art class since 9th grade though. Sadly I'd need easy access to a scanner to get any more of my pics digital.

Jung

???
Premium
does digital art count? i haven't actually drawn in a while, save for a wacom tablet.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
actually, i am a very ametuer artist. my grandmother is a professional oil prtrait, so a very small amount of natural talent seeped in. But, i by no means consider myself an artist, but I do enjoy painting in abstract, just filling a blank canvas with colors that have no real purpose, other than to be color. most of my stuff from hs is in my moms attic.

Mmmm art. Anything could be art, doesn't have to be a drawing. Lyrics, poems, music, paintings, sculptures, etc.
But what is art..? Something that's beautiful...? I've seen some nasty abstract that people converse about for hours and what it represents. I guess art is in the eye of the beholder.

Again trailing off of the subject in discussion. I enjoy writing music. And a bit of drawing here and there. Not too shabby, nothing of museum quality.

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
NoSubstance said:
Do we have any artists on WTF.com?

I can not stop doodling in my notebooks at school to save my life. I've recently drawn two little characters that keep coming up with alarming frequency. I'm thinking of turning them in to flash animation. When my computer stops acting like it has cancer (downloading 100 MB files on 56k is no cake walk), I'll scan in some stuff I've drawn.

I'm not just a doodler, though. I'm in the second-highest art class at my school... not bad for a sophomore. I'll post some of my drawings later too.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys and girls can do (espescially Pachyderm, since I know she's an art student).

Post away!
yea, actually i draw quite alot, im sry i dont have a scanner to post any of my drawings, i can only draw when im happy too, i mostly draw girls, halo stuff, dragons(i bet u saw that coming), or birds. i dont join art classes, since most of the times peeps dont see my drawings or even know about them, im thinking of persueing a creer in some sort of drawings, i enjoy it and its such a challenge, it will be great doing something i love for a job

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
HavokChylde said:
Mmmm art. Anything could be art, doesn't have to be a drawing. Lyrics, poems, music, paintings, sculptures, etc.
But what is art..? Something that's beautiful...? I've seen some nasty abstract that people converse about for hours and what it represents. I guess art is in the eye of the beholder.

Again trailing off of the subject in discussion. I enjoy writing music. And a bit of drawing here and there. Not too shabby, nothing of museum quality.
you should check out our writing forum. it is pretty cool.

magnolia

Postaholic
I can't draw, but if you put some clay in front of me, maybe a spinning wheel, a kiln, and some paint, I'll make you something kick ass. Sculpting is so my thing. It's fun when you're in the mood. I write a little too, and play the flute, if you count those as a form of art.