WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines As South drowns, Rice soaks in N.Y.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Did New Yorkers chase Condoleezza Rice back to Washington yesterday?

Like President Bush, the Secretary of State has been on vacation during the Hurricane Katrina crisis, with Rice enjoying her downtime in New York Wednesday and yesterday. The cabinet member's responsibilities are usually international, but her timing contributed to the "fiddling while Rome burns" impression given by her boss during the disaster, which may have claimed thousands of lives.

On Wednesday night, Secretary Rice was booed by some audience members at "Spamalot!," the Monty Python musical at the Shubert, when the lights went up after the performance.

Yesterday, Rice went shopping at Ferragamo on Fifth Ave. According to the Web site www.Gawker.com, the 50-year-old bought "several thousand dollars' worth of shoes" at the pricey leather-goods boutique.

A fellow shopper shouted, "How dare you shop for shoes while thousands are dying and homeless!" - presumably referring to Louisiana and Mississippi.

LINK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

It's official: She has no common sense whatsoever...

Isn't she from the south?

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
voiceofreason said:
A fellow shopper shouted, "How dare you shop for shoes while thousands are dying and homeless!" - presumably referring to Louisiana and Mississippi.
You've gotta be kidding me. I don't know if the pot has ever called the kettle black like this before.

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
That's awesome, thanks for the post...I hope Bush/Cheney and everyone appointed by them starts showing their true colors. :mfinger:

Too bad impeachment can't be based on the fact that all you do is spout out unintelligible sentences and pose for photo-ops. :thumbsdn:

Obligatory Bush quote:
"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job." –President Bush, to FEMA director Michael Brown, while touring Hurricane-ravaged Mississippi, Sept. 2, 2005
:mad:
:sword:

In other news I see plenty of Bush. :)

jamesp

In Memory...
Yeah, she's from Birmingham, AL, but we dont like to talk about it.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
black people in england have a term for people like her..

a coconut.. white on the inside..

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
A great big WTF?! to this quote from Condi

Asked to say a few words from the pulpit, Rice, a preacher's daughter, said: "The Lord Jesus Christ is going to come on time." She added: "If we just wait."
(Yahoo News)

On time? Keep waiting...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
ThomConspicuous said:

Asked to say a few words from the pulpit, Rice, a preacher's daughter, said: "The Lord Jesus Christ is going to come on time." She added: "If we just wait."
(Yahoo News)

On time? Keep waiting...
is she evangelist too? damn those freaks getting in control.. they think they can do whatever the hell they want like a bunch of bam margera's in suits and shit on everything because 'hey it doesn't matter anyway because we're in the hardcore jesus gang and he's going to come and get us with his rapture thing'..
my teeth are grinding so much i can taste last nights pizza

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
ThomConspicuous said:

(Yahoo News)

On time? Keep waiting...

Ahhhh, how lovely when Political figures in their incompetence, or inaction pass the buck to god. "Sorry, it's in his hands now". There seems to be an awful lot of that going on with this administration. God’s inbox must be getting rather full these days.

Descent

Hella Constipated
/me frags Condoleeza and teabags her