WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ashamed

Solanaceae

Config.Solanaceae
I would just like to say that we here in Australia are quite ashamed that we have produced such stereotypical people such as the crocodile hunter, and I believe that Kath and Kim have recently hit New York. I would just like to say, Australians would like to disown these kind of people. Though we are quite proud of Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Heath Ledger. Thsoe sort of people. I would just like to say I am extremely sorry that these people have escaped the white-coated men. And no, there are no Australians that think, to stop a goanna from seeing you, you should always walk backwards towards it. This stuff, it's just crap. I would advise those that actually watch and believe these shows, just remember; to us, it's great comedy to watch a man spout stupid drivel, that just happens to be untrue.
And oh god, don't get me started on things like, croc dundee, and fosters I personally can't stand that shit. Not hard enough liquor. And I don't want a lecture about underage drinking.

ron

Buster of Asses
Solanaceae said:
I would just like to say that we here in Australia are quite ashamed that we have produced such stereotypical people such as the crocodile hunter, and I believe that Kath and Kim have recently hit New York. I would just like to say, Australians would like to disown these kind of people. Though we are quite proud of Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Heath Ledger. Thsoe sort of people. I would just like to say I am extremely sorry that these people have escaped the white-coated men. And no, there are no Australians that think, to stop a goanna from seeing you, you should always walk backwards towards it. This stuff, it's just crap. I would advise those that actually watch and believe these shows, just remember; to us, it's great comedy to watch a man spout stupid drivel, that just happens to be untrue.
And oh god, don't get me started on things like, croc dundee, and fosters I personally can't stand that shit. Not hard enough liquor. And I don't want a lecture about underage drinking.
I don't know who Kath and Kim are, but only New Yorkers and people in LA really pay attention to New York, anyway. Only some kind of retard would think that the "Crocodile Hunter" or "Crocodile Dundee" represent the average Australian. Fosters is a decent beer, for a mass-produced product, and is nothing to be ashamed about. It's considerably better than anything produced at the A-B factory here. I can't even get a decent beer at most of the bars in this town because I live in A-B land.

By and large, I enjoyed my time in Australia and New Zealand. The people were pleasant, for the most part, and training with the SAS was a lot of fun. Those guys are a little nuts. My wife and I will return at some point. You have been warned.

Unfortunately, we have to live with similar stereotypes, as do all nations. The United States is not represented by Texas, Los Angeles, and New York, although they would certainly beg to differ. If that's your idea of America, you're missing eveything.

Solanaceae

Config.Solanaceae
ron said:
I don't know who Kath and Kim are, but only New Yorkers and people in LA really pay attention to New York, anyway. Only some kind of retard would think that the "Crocodile Hunter" or "Crocodile Dundee" represent the average Australian. Fosters is a decent beer, for a mass-produced product, and is nothing to be ashamed about. It's considerably better than anything produced at the A-B factory here. I can't even get a decent beer at most of the bars in this town because I live in A-B land.

By and large, I enjoyed my time in Australia and New Zealand. The people were pleasant, for the most part, and training with the SAS was a lot of fun. Those guys are a little nuts. My wife and I will return at some point. You have been warned.

Unfortunately, we have to live with similar stereotypes, as do all nations. The United States is not represented by Texas, Los Angeles, and New York, although they would certainly beg to differ. If that's your idea of America, you're missing eveything.
Damn, lucky, the SAS. They are like the elite Aussies, I have seen what they are equipped with. Fuck, how do they even carry all that weaponry, as well as their food.
Hmm, about the fosters, we get alot of good beer here. It really depends on personal taste. And quite strangely what state you are in. Totally different beers are drank in different states, in victoria we drink VB, Victoria Bitter, which is one hell of a beer. In South Aust, they drink alot of Pale ale.
I don't really see America like that, though other stereotypes do pierce the barrier.
And it seems far too many people think that those people are average Australians.