WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Asshole client lost me a potential raise!!!!!

Paul

Tenderony
I am so pissed off.
I do (or should I say I did) consulting for one of our clients since for some reason we (their ISP) has an arrangement with them. I was basically told to start doing this once the past guy who did it left, and was pretty much thrown into the situation. Well things were going fine for the last few months, and yesterday, the day before my review for a raise, they call the president of the company and basically say I'm not kissing their asses enough. Last I checked I wasn't their fucking servant. They arent even my primary job, I was simply told to start doing it. I dont see a single dime if I go out there or not. And frankly, I can't always drop everything when they need files deleted from a laptop, or their powerstrip on a computer dies. If they wanted their asses kissed more they could have told me rather than going to my boss. So now I'm out a raise all because of ONE fucking client. And believe me, this raise was well deserved. I love how one bad apple can ruin 4 months worth of hard work. :mad: :mad:

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
That's completely and totally fucked. Next time you're out there, you should turn their laptop off and pour some water in, but only enough to where it would fry itself when turned on but not enough to be noticable. Is there any way to convince your other clients to call in with praise to try to counter that jackass client?

Speaking of which, I need to kill my 3 year old hand-me-down piece of shit work laptop (again). Last time I tried that water trick, they replaced nearly everything, but it's still as fucked as it was the first day I got it. And recently the PCMCIA slots fried themselves, so no wireless access (damnit!). The screen is starting to flicker like crazy too. Maybe this time they'll just replace the entire laptop.

ron

Buster of Asses
Paul said:
Well things were going fine for the last few months, and yesterday, the day before my review for a raise, they call the president of the company and basically say I'm not kissing their asses enough. Last I checked I wasn't their fucking servant. They arent even my primary job, I was simply told to start doing it. I dont see a single dime if I go out there or not. And frankly, I can't always drop everything when they need files deleted from a laptop, or their powerstrip on a computer dies. If they wanted their asses kissed more they could have told me rather than going to my boss. So now I'm out a raise all because of ONE fucking client. And believe me, this raise was well deserved. I love how one bad apple can ruin 4 months worth of hard work.
Motherfuckers! I hate that kind of shit. Where does it say in your job description that you must kiss someone's ass in order to get a raise? They hired you to do a job, presumably technical. If someone needs his dick massaged, let a sales person wrap his lips around it.

I am so sick of us getting shit on because management thinks we are grumpy and not "people people." Fuck your people! I was hired to work with machines and, until they get egos that need stroking, I'll damned well do my job of keeping the machines running. Get some dipshit sales guy to take it up the ass for those "choice" clients. Stay the fuck out of my lab if you don't want us to treat you like you're a dumbass!

I know how I would fix this situation.