WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

asshole.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
my dog is an asshole

he has issues

i need help!

here goes:

1. he eats everything including every pair of pants i own, underwear, bras, socks, anything of value - phone charges, playstation remotes, he tried to eat my very expensive coach wallet now its ripped. toilet paper, magazines, you name it he'll eat it
2. seperation issues if i leave him alone he gets stressed out. me and my b/f left him at his mothers house when we went to look for an apartment - he sat by the door the whole entire time and refused to socialize with anybody
3. he is what i like to call a push mush - he needs to be on top of me all day. when i say on top he is about a 50 pound dog and i mean ON TOP. he cant just sit next to me like a normal dog he literally needs to drape his entire body on top of me.
4. when i go to work or leave the house i need to put him in a cage because of these problems

ive been told nuetering him will calm him a bit. however i cant afford the 300.00 the vet wants to charge me to get him cut. ive been looking into low cost/free nuetering but until i get that done does anybody know how or what i can do to train him or make him stop eating every single piece of clothing or misc items i own. im only one person i work full time and unfortunantly sometimes i leave a pair of pants on the floor. i dont have a full bedroom set because im poor and cant afford it so my alarm clock sits on the floor - every night before we go to bed we need to prop it in the corner on a piece of wood just so he wont eat the damn clock. he even ate my fan. my fan is not a little thing. WHATS WRORNG WITH HIM

i love him to death and i refuse to part with him.

lilwyteboy

Dain bramaged
Sounds like your dog has slight obedience problems. I've found that smacking the dog (not beating the hell out of it) whenever it does that helps. Just use an open hand across the front shoulders, just hard enough to make the animal listen. As far as the separation issues, I don't know what to do. I've never had a problem with that simply because my dog stays outside.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
sounds like your dog is trying to say:

icka said:
he needs to be on top of me all day.
am i the only one who interpretted that sexually? even if he is a dog, just ignore that fact.

on a serious note (i cant keep a straight face) get him some more chew toys, and play with him a little bit each day. he obviously really wants your attention and he loves you to death as well. he doesn't want to see you go. nutering will probably solve the problem and i would take into account how much property damage he could potentially do vs. the bill.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
i do play with him

he has squeeky toys, kongs, milk bones, big bones that he needs to chew on for days, two cats to keep him entertained, i give him a lot of attention. he goes to the dog run 1 or 2 times a week. and whenever i go out (as much as i can) i take him with me. if we go to my b/f's moms house he comes, he has even taken trips to the grocery store and then stayed in the car for a few minutes alone.

this dog gets more attention then i spend on anything in my life. he is spoiled

another thing he does is eat cat shit then puke it up - its NOT fun to clean up

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
icka said:
i do play with him

he has squeeky toys, kongs, milk bones, big bones that he needs to chew on for days, two cats to keep him entertained, i give him a lot of attention. he goes to the dog run 1 or 2 times a week. and whenever i go out (as much as i can) i take him with me. if we go to my b/f's moms house he comes, he has even taken trips to the grocery store and then stayed in the car for a few minutes alone.

this dog gets more attention then i spend on anything in my life. he is spoiled

another thing he does is eat cat shit then puke it up - its NOT fun to clean up
you do play with him a lot it seams... i dont know aht to say... just try to show him that what he does is bad. typically this means when he commits the act making him look at what he did and then just loudly telling him "BAD!" got to hold him still. it isnt easy training dogs.

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
$300?! What fucking vet are you going to?! Damn, it's usually $60, anywhere I go. Contact the local humane society, they are usually very low with their prices, obviously to stop procreation and increasing the numbers in homeless pets.

Noctivagus

Bomb Technician
Originally posted by lilwyteboy
I've found that smacking the dog (not beating the hell out of it) whenever it does that helps. Just use an open hand across the front shoulders, just hard enough to make the animal listen.
Oh my! You should never do that because the dog always associates any movement resembling that action (the open hand swing) with getting hit! You could be going to pet the dog or even a stranger - stranger to the dog but is a friend of yours - could be going to pet the dog and makes a jesture in this movement and it will frighten the dog into thinking its going to get hit. It will either cower in fear or attack in defense. Any obience school or book should tell you that.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
How often do you walk him? And how long are the walks?

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
i dont walk him he stays by my side so he is rarely on a leash.

the dog goes out whenever i go out

when i leave the room he elaves the room

when i go to the store he goes to the store

he has stopped chewing things up - he still does it but a lot less. we are now able to leave him alone in the house.

he still has mental issues though. he cant just be near me he needs to be on top of me. he thinks he is my son not my dog.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
I'd strongly suggest setting aside at least half an hour everyday to physically go walking with your dog. It's not just a matter of getting your dog away from the house for a change in scenery that is important, but the energy he'll burn and time yall will spend bonding. Taking a long walk with your dog we help get rid of some excess energy he would spend making a mess, and provide some quality time yall can share in which you establish your authority over the dog. He'll respect you more and behave better for it.

or just take woodreaux's avatar for a new dog... they're small and don't tear as much shit up...

icka said:
my dog is an asshole

he has issues

i need help!

here goes:

1. he eats everything including every pair of pants i own, underwear, bras, socks, anything of value - phone charges, playstation remotes, he tried to eat my very expensive coach wallet now its ripped. toilet paper, magazines, you name it he'll eat it
2. seperation issues if i leave him alone he gets stressed out. me and my b/f left him at his mothers house when we went to look for an apartment - he sat by the door the whole entire time and refused to socialize with anybody
3. he is what i like to call a push mush - he needs to be on top of me all day. when i say on top he is about a 50 pound dog and i mean ON TOP. he cant just sit next to me like a normal dog he literally needs to drape his entire body on top of me.
4. when i go to work or leave the house i need to put him in a cage because of these problems

ive been told nuetering him will calm him a bit. however i cant afford the 300.00 the vet wants to charge me to get him cut. ive been looking into low cost/free nuetering but until i get that done does anybody know how or what i can do to train him or make him stop eating every single piece of clothing or misc items i own. im only one person i work full time and unfortunantly sometimes i leave a pair of pants on the floor. i dont have a full bedroom set because im poor and cant afford it so my alarm clock sits on the floor - every night before we go to bed we need to prop it in the corner on a piece of wood just so he wont eat the damn clock. he even ate my fan. my fan is not a little thing. WHATS WRORNG WITH HIM

i love him to death and i refuse to part with him.
Sounds kinda self-contradictory. Just a thought.

Jung

???
Premium
starlight716n said:
Sounds kinda self-contradictory. Just a thought.
HI,

If you're going to bump month old threads, at least add something more to the thread than that.

Thanks

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
Has he been neutered yet? If so, how much has it helped?

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
yeah he has. hasnt helped at all. he suffers from anxiety. he is good around me but when i leave he gets spiteful and chews shit up. he runs away when im not home. he is extremely attached to me.