WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Atm Payroll Card

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
my husband company just switched over to these. I was wondering if anyone has delt with these.?

Basically it an ATM card that is your paycheck... well kinda .

Has anyone ran into any problems with them?

Jung

???
Premium
I've never even heard of them, it sounds like a pretty shitty way to get paid though. I can't imagine not being able to receive direct deposit. :(

Just out of curiosity, what do you do with this card? You just pull money off of it? That doesn't sound too convenient...

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
I've never even heard of them, it sounds like a pretty shitty way to get paid though. I can't imagine not being able to receive direct deposit. :(

Just out of curiosity, what do you do with this card? You just pull money off of it? That doesn't sound too convenient...
Yeah.... err. it really crappy cause

for example if you make over $800

and you buy a sound system for $75 (your a cheap bastard)

and want the rest in cash, (assuming the store will let you) you can't.

You can only spend up to $600

ok so your like that’s fine, you decided you want to go to the atm and take out the other $300... oops you can't because you are only allowed $600 to spend in one 24 hour period.

But here the fun part if you use your card to much and go over that $600 it freezes up your card until an investigation can be done, spanning 2-3 days. (how nice... glad no one wants to pay bills on time)

plus there is service charges and just like a bank you can go negative in the hole, from what i am reading, there is a fee for doing that. They are not liable for any damages if the money does not make it on your card at a certain time

so your kind of screwed, if you desperately needed that money on that date.

You can use it free to transfer it over to your checking account.... but why switch to this if it doesn't bring anything useable to the table. I don't feel they can be saving money?

Plus the card is put out by maestro, cirrus, nyce, pulse, star?

I never heard of any of these card places and no one ever accepts them here....

i never seen a star logo out here lol

Maybe in Seattle, Chicago, stuff but surely not in south dafuckingakota

However, judging from the information they gave me I must be stupid. They gave me screen shots of an ATM screen with big words that say; “How to use an ATM system”... oh oh... further insult is on the back, “how to use a POS system”

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Well, Im not sure how it works, maybe Im just dumb and didn't get the total of your post.
But maestro and cirrus are mostly european, so maybe they were disturbed here first?.. It seems kind of strange it wouldn't be where you are, maybe they thought it seemed like a good idea, before issusing out places where you can use them..?

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
never heard of it, but i'm sure a lot of folks have had their wages payed in a worse way.

Jung

???
Premium
I wouldn't work from some glorified food stamp card. :rolleyes: That sucks that his job is doing that, I'd look for a better job if possible.
Plus the card is put out by maestro, cirrus, nyce, pulse, star?

I never heard of any of these card places and no one ever accepts them here....

i never seen a star logo out here lol
My check card has Pulse and Star on them, along with Plus and a few others. Come to think of it, they've been on every card I've ever owned.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Well it diffently not a food stamp card lol

oh well Right to Work state....

:(

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
_Kitana_ said:
my husband company just switched over to these. I was wondering if anyone has delt with these.?

Basically it an ATM card that is your paycheck... well kinda .

Has anyone ran into any problems with them?
Yes I have. Good thing, no waiting for a check to clear. Bad thing, ATM fees and withdrawl limits. my card was a cirrus mastercard, and it works at any atm here, but there is always a fee for withdrawlng money.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
Well it diffently not a food stamp card lol
Yeah, don't get me wrong I wasn't implying that. You have to admit the similarities are there though, right down to the pure shittiness of the process of extracting and using your money. :(

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
a $2.00 fee everytime we use our card

We can not extractthe full amount of our check,

if the check is $895.17

we can only take out the 890...

5.17 becomes 3.17

which can not be used basically cause it we went to use the 3.17 it would become 1.17, not even enough to buy cheap cigs.

so we really don't get all our pay (which i don't find right) oh and talking to customer serivice and an activation fee.. so somewhere we lots about $15 just getting the card set up and trying to get where we could have it transfered to ouor bank account.

Jung

???
Premium
That job = shit; have him find a better job.

bnccoder

Postaholic
You could always burn the cards in protest.That would really hurt them.[/sarcasm]

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
That job = shit; have him find a better job.
Jobs in South Dakota = Hard to find. Well jobs that pay as well as his.

We are not in a position to lose $15 but we can't afford to lose all that pay...

Sigh, I will figure out something. Just takes some researching and thinking.

Thing about south dakota is it is a Right to work state. You really have no rights basicaly.

If you protest to much, they fire ya. If to many people do they shut the planet or buisness down and move it to a diffrent town or city. Replace your jobs. Unions don't work here because people are willing to take your job the moment you slip up.

Talk labor laws with soemone and poof your gone. They don't need a reason to fire ya. They can do it just cause they don't like you. Oh and they can keep you from getting hired else where....

Right to Work... how bad do you want to work. Look at what Target got away with doing to me. The things they were allowed to say, though I am to mouthy to be stepped on that way so i walked.. Like the guy who hired me at my last job told me. Target said not to hire ya, why?

I was truthful and let it shown that i was a damn hard worker... out of 50 seasonal worker i was one of 3 they kept.... but thats a rare case. I seen people lose almost everything they had cause they got screwed over.

It a diffrent out here...

Until laws get changed here we work under pretty harsh conditions.