WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Attention: PC Noise Haters (You know who you are!)

Descent

Hella Constipated
http://www.mgecompany.com/xgbox/magnummain.html

Salvation has at long last come. Fanless operation, 600w, and attractive styling, and a built in voltmeter.

Silence used to be a luxury in a PC, but MGE's pricing for their products will end that. Their stuff is cheap, well built, and radiates quality. My MGE 500w PSU powers dual CPU's no problem, and my MGE Viper case is like one big jet stream, and never climbs above 86 Degrees Farenheit with those bastards inside ;).

It's not a gimmick. This is the real thing. To everyone who is skeptical, read the reviews when it launches...You'll see my point.

Diesel

Clitpickle
I didn't think it was possible to make an ugly power supply, but they must have some crackerjack engineers there, because they mananaged to make the least obtrusive part in the system obtrusive OUTSIDE the case.

I can see some very noticable design flaws... who's going to want to check a readout on the back of their PC?!? Funny, I always thought the idea behind readouts was that they were supposed to be easily noticed.

The best "review" they could get for the thing was from SilentPCReview's CES roundup, and the best thing they said about it was it was "impressive looking". I dunno... the last thing I care about in a PSU is looks.

It looks like an interesting product, but I don't know that I would go so far as to call it "salvation" just yet... especially considering that Antec is coming up with a 500W Phantom.

We'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

tzedek

Original Member
You act like this is the first fanless PSU ever...

Diesel

Clitpickle
The 500W Antec is actually a 2nd generation product, announced at the same time at the same show as the MGE.

Diesel

Clitpickle
Descent said:
The MGE hasn't launched yet, hence the lack of reivews.
I understand that. I just found it kinda funny that they posted the link on their own website, sort of like "read the great reviews", and the content of the link wasn't anything more than someone mentioning "this looks like it could be an interesting product".
Not exactly a resounding endorsement, which makes me wonder why they'd put that on their own product pages.