WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Auschwitz II-Birkenau

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
I suppose all of you know that excactly 60 years ago the soviets opened the gates of a certain concentration camp that was located in a little town of Auschwitz...
This little camp had been there since the spring of 1940.. It was the place of unspeakable horror, as it was used to kill jewish people with zyklon-B. At it´s peak the gas chambers could destroy 5000 people per day.

Now, what would I like to know is: When are you people teached this stuff? In Finland it ain´t until on the 8th grade that we face this genocide.. Or are you even teached this? Some countries feel so much guilt over this issue that they appear to be living in denial.
The french admitted the fact that they had something to do with this only ten years ago. (the Vichy-syndrome). And even still many of them think that it wasn´t their fault, their government. They try and tell that the Vichy government only represented a minority of the folk, the treaterous, and that it was all the nazi´s fault.. still they sent over 72.000 jews down there.

Aren´t the people in fact OBLIGATED to remember?

In Germany they held a quiet moment to the victims of the holocaust, during which the NDP-party members walked out the house of the parliament..
Sad.
Denial.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
My GrandPa and most of my Great Uncles are WWII Vets, they told about their adventures before I got into kindergarden. At my elementary school, they started teaching us about the holacaust in 3rd grade.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
we learned in the 5th grade and from then on we did some study on it up until i got out of high school. some people cant cope with something so fucked up....its almost unreal....5000

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
RetArt said:
Now, what would I like to know is: When are you people teached this stuff? In Finland it ain´t until on the 8th grade that we face this genocide.. Or are you even teached this?
You seem to be very presumptuous. We are taught about this as young children. It is drummed into their heads in school.

Do you have any other wrong assumptions? Or has your curiosity been adequately satisfied?

1ct-on!

Take the Bus , BITCH !!
all germans stood still in this moment of thinking back to all the poor victims !

It was like the whole world stood still for a moment ! In this little time where i thought back and tried to feel the pain of these poor victims . I couldn't imagine ! he moment was very special and showed me that my life is a peace of cake compared to their lives !!

Auschwitz was a really dreadfull thing it was horrible !! I was there ! I couldn't help myself ! I cried like a baby when i saw this shit!!

I was in Dachau too. I think Dachau is the only concentration post where the Gaschambers are still standing . I walked through this chamber !! It was a really nightmare !
You know what stands in front of the chamber !?? over the Entry ?? there stands : Duschraum!! This cocked my throat !!

I find it very neccersary to ting on this terrible things !!!

And I'm dissapointed of my country !! I find it ashamed that they still haven't managed to forbid this FUCKING NPD Marches !!! This makes me furious !!!

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Dear Max
I´m sorry to inform you but I didn´t only speak to the US citizens.. I´m just curious if there still is a part in ANYWHERE on our dearly beloved Tellus that prefers not to teach this to the youth. In fact I knew that you were tought this in the US of A. I most certainly have loads of more false assumptions. I believe everyone has. Life would be too hard without them. It´s a form of accomodation or assimilation..

1ct-on! said:
I thing Dachau is the only concentration post where the Gaschambers are still standing .
Auschwitz has one gas chamber still standing. I saw a jewish man talking of his time at Auschwitz. He was seperated from his best friend (they were only 15! :( ) His friend went to the right (towards the gas chambers), while he went to the left... :(

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
RetArt said:
Dear Max
I´m sorry to inform you but I didn´t only speak to the US citizens.. I´m just curious if there still is a part in ANYWHERE on our dearly beloved Tellus that prefers not to teach this to the youth. In fact I knew that you were tought this in the US of A. I most certainly have loads of more false assumptions. I believe everyone has. Life would be too hard without them. It´s a form of accomodation or assimilation..
Sorry, When you said "You people" I thought we were included.
I'm sure we all have false assumptions. As a matter of fact WTF.com ran a writing contest shortly after I joined, in order to bring us (WTFucker's from around the world) Closer together, in hopes that we may set aside our assumed differences. It worked for a while.

There was a time when a fucktard was just a fucktard, not a German fucktard, not an American fucktard, but simply a fucktarded member of the international community.
I say Fucktards unite! Let your voices be heard! When someone says "Who are you? Where do you come from?"; you can respond with a resounding: "I am a Fucktard From the planet earth! STFU n00B!

Thank you, Back on topic.

We are taught at an early age, of the war crimes that went on. One of the few horrible things that we don't try to shield our kids from. I remember in like 3rd or 4th grade one of our teachers had a friend that was in one of the camps. When we studied about the camps, she came in as a guest speaker. She showed us the serial number tattooed on her forearm. It was a really solemn moment that I don't believe any of us would forget. (Kind of the point).

ferengi

Yay fire!
RetArt said:
I suppose all of you know that excactly 60 years ago the soviets opened the gates of a certain concentration camp that was located in a little town of Auschwitz...
Uhhhhh... Soviets? Wasn't that the Nazis, or am I just completely retarded?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
ferengi74656 said:
Uhhhhh... Soviets? Wasn't that the Nazis, or am I just completely retarded?
He's referring to who came in and opened the gates after the Nazi forces fled, and abandon the camp. Not the prisoner's captors.
And no, you're not a retard, you simply misread it.

ferengi

Yay fire!
MaxPower said:
He's referring to who came in and opened the gates after the Nazi forces fled, and abandon the camp. Not the prisoner's captors.
And no, you're not a retard, you simply misread it.
Ah... after rereading his post I see. Gotcha.
Sorry folks, I'm not very with it tonight... kinda screwed up from a car accident I had earlier today. Hmm... *runs off to make a post about that while he's thinking of it*

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
ferengi74656 said:
Ah... after rereading his post I see. Gotcha.
Sorry folks, I'm not very with it tonight... kinda screwed up from a car accident I had earlier today. Hmm... *runs off to make a post about that while he's thinking of it*
Heh, I was just thinking you should share it in Life Sucks. Sorry to hear about it BTW. Hope everyone's ok.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
I was taught about this all mylife. You could spend from k-12 grade and still not even learn all there is to what happened in that time period. This is a day for remembrance, this is a day to look at your flag, mine being the american flag, and be thankful for the sacrfices of others for this freedom. This is a day for you to give a silent thought and never allow yourself to forget. For if we forget we will have wronged these people a second time and allow for tragic history like this to repeat itself.