WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

AVI to DVD Moved to "Computing Chamber"

40
0
0
#1
AVI to DVD

Not that this has anything to do with bitching but i need a converter for avi to dvd i have vsodivX to dvd. But it isn't working anyone know where i can find a free one for windows xp? By the way i only know a little about computers, and (this is the bitching part) 2 of my friends know about this shit but they wont get off there asses and help, if i drop off the tower to them i wont see it forever and my wife'll get really bitchy cause she can't get online.
 

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
979
0
0
#3
Lord Nycon said:
Not that this has anything to do with bitching but i need a converter for avi to dvd i have vsodivX to dvd. But it isn't working anyone know where i can find a free one for windows xp? By the way i only know a little about computers, and (this is the bitching part) 2 of my friends know about this shit but they wont get off there asses and help, if i drop off the tower to them i wont see it forever and my wife'll get really bitchy cause she can't get online.
Yet you named yourself Lord Nycon? I´m confused...
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#4
i find the easiest way to do it is to just use a video splitter to split the movie up in half. then just use nero to burn vcd. of course that isnt a dvd, and it uses 2 cds, but whatever
 

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
2,197
0
0
#5
Lord Nycon said:
Not that this has anything to do with bitching but i need a converter for avi to dvd i have vsodivX to dvd. But it isn't working anyone know where i can find a free one for windows xp? By the way i only know a little about computers, and (this is the bitching part) 2 of my friends know about this shit but they wont get off there asses and help, if i drop off the tower to them i wont see it forever and my wife'll get really bitchy cause she can't get online.
Do you have a dvd recorder? Or are you trying to make it into that kind of file and burn it onto a cd. If so, you would have to convert it into a VCD then have the program to do that with in order to burn it. Ashampoo is one of the good ones. If you do have a dvd burner then use Roxio cd and dvd creator 6, you will be able to convert and burn. Well actually just thinking about it, you can do that with VCD's too. So your best bet is to use Roxio cd and dvd creator 6. Thats what I have.

Here... http://www.mp3joseph.com/roxiotut.htm
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#6
Just fyi, if you're going to use VCDs, just know that not all players support them. Not to mention that that format is inferior to DVD. I assume you're trying to convert a DiVx or Xvid movie though, so you're not going to lose much.
Cuddles said:
Roxio cd and dvd creator 6
Will that program convert from Divx, 3vix and Xvid to .VOB files for DVDs? That doesn't seem correct, unless it's converting to mpeg on the fly.


Here's a good tutorial for Divx though. http://club.cdfreaks.com/lite/t-61142.html
 

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
2,197
0
0
#7
junglizm said:
Will that program convert from Divx, 3vix and Xvid to .VOB files for DVDs? That doesn't seem correct, unless it's converting to mpeg on the fly.
um...he did how to get an avi converted to a dvd. And I just explained it, I have downloaded videos and movies many times and conveted them on Roxio 6 and yes it does take quit awile depending on how big of a file it is, but after it is done conveting its ready to be burned, to a svcd, vcd, or dvd. Now some movies that won't play on other players cause of the files before I convert, playes on Divx, so there for, it should be able to convert just about any video file.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#8
Ok, that's what I was asking. I was curious if that app would convert from Divx to mpeg, and it sounds like it does. So thanks, I guess.
 
40
0
0
#9
I have a dvd burner and i have full length movies in avi format that i need to burn onto a dvd so i can play them in a regular dvd player. Hope this helps anyone who has any questions. And i named myself lord nycon because i love the movie hackers.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#10
Lord Nycon said:
I have a dvd burner and i have full length movies in avi format that i need to burn onto a dvd so i can play them in a regular dvd player. Hope this helps anyone who has any questions.
I don't see how that's really relevant to your question. DOn't get me wrong though, I'm not bitching.

I believe you'll find that your question has already been answered a few times though. Maybe if you'd tried a fwe of those methods, and posted back to let us know if they worked or not. :)
Lord Nycon said:
Any i named myself lord nycon because i love the movie hackers.
Say it ain't so.