WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Avoiding that queezy feeling...

Alright, if you don't drink alcohol, this probably won't apply, but you know that feeling when you're drinking and you feel like if you take one more shot or one more beer you'll puke? :confuse:

Well, is there any way to avoid that feeling? I've read about drinking 2 gulps of water per shot/beer you drink, and I've read that plain bread works to counteract the feeling somewhat .. but I tried the water thing the other night and it didn't work and kept me from getting drunk :thumbsdn:

Any other suggestions?

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
This is just observational advice, but people just handle drunkenness differently.
I get the same problem that you do if I drink too quickly, so that might be it.

But some friends that are fucking drunk just want to drink more and seem to avoid the "will puke if I drink more" phase. Then they drink themselves into a really crazy hangover the next day.

When I get the pukey feeling, I just tell my friends I'm gonna go have a breather and take a 5 minute walk.

That usually helps... but like I said, observational. Might just be me. :thumbsup:

teh anarchist said:
Alright, if you don't drink alcohol, this probably won't apply, but you know that feeling when you're drinking and you feel like if you take one more shot or one more beer you'll puke? :confuse:

Well, is there any way to avoid that feeling? I've read about drinking 2 gulps of water per shot/beer you drink, and I've read that plain bread works to counteract the feeling somewhat .. but I tried the water thing the other night and it didn't work and kept me from getting drunk :thumbsdn:

Any other suggestions?

Dude, the bread thing works really really well for me. Each time i drink shots of jd, i usually just nibble on a bread roll and i never get that bad feeling.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
That feeling is your body telling you to slow the fuck down. You should listen. Take it from one who's been way over the limit on a few occasions. Just take a breather, don't drink for a while, and it will pass.