WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Avp

Bitch Bucket

Cap'n Carnage
Aliens Versus Predator out on DVD now....yeeeah I really hate to love Paul W.S. Anderson. Mortal Kombat, Event Horizon, Resident Evil, AVP. I reeeally hate to love him. Mediocrity at it's best, people!

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Event Horizon..... That name rings a distant bell in my long term memory... I must now search for more information! Did I like this movie?

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
I loved AvP! But I wish the Predators would've been harder.
Mortal Kombat: the video games :thumbsup: Mortal Kombat: the movies :thumbsdn:
Event Horizon: aahhhh!?! Did you know Marilin Manson did a cameo in that one?
Resident Evil: Milla Jovavich, she makes me feel funny...kinda like when I used to climb the knotted rope in boot camp.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Bitch Bucket said:
Aliens Versus Predator out on DVD now....yeeeah I really hate to love Paul W.S. Anderson. Mortal Kombat, Event Horizon, Resident Evil, AVP. I reeeally hate to love him. Mediocrity at it's best, people!
MK, RE and EH all rocked. AVP was a travesty of script.

Jung

???
Premium
AVP wasn't worth the time I wasted watching it. :thumbsdn:

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Ugh. If a movie's script is bad, it's a good excuse for the film itsself to suck.

Sure the script wasn't marvelous, but that's not what ruined the film. TOO FUCKING DARK. The lighting was dreadful! I had no idea what was going on!

Same thing with the Bourne Supremacy. Camera work was so awful, all the expensive action scenes were unwatchable because THE PARKINSON'S INFLICTED CRACKHEAD CAMERAMAN WAS HAVING A GODDAMN SEIZURE.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
HUGE MK fan.....

EH - fucking freaky as hell.....

avp no clue

Ok this is off the linsner.com boards, posted by Zeke (a linsner team member had to say about this movie)

I suppose you all know what a big fan I am of the Alien and Predator movies so what could be more exciting than an Aliens VS Predator movie? When I saw this in the theater I was way disappointed. My main gripe was its PG-13 rating. The lack of gore and language really set it apart from the previous Alien and Predator movies and while it was kinda fun to watch, it was essentially a popcorn muncher and not much more.

An R rated DVD directors cut version has been promised with an entire subplot that was dropped from the theatrical version but, sadly, it don't look like this is going to happen any time soon. Of course, being the Alien fan that I am, I bought it yesterday on DVD and figured for $15 at Costco waddya want?

After viewing it again in the comfort of my home I had to reassess the whole move and I love it! Most of the cast is so lame that I was finding myself routing for the Aliens and Predators, Yay kill the stupid humans! Well all except for Lance Henrikson, who reprises his role as Bishop, the original human version and Sanaa Lathan, who may not be a "Ripley" but ya gotta admire anyone who can befriend a predator.

The sets are incredible and totally believable, vast and huge and eerie. The Pyramid is an amazing maze of puzzles and traps and the sense of mass and weight is fully realized. The action is just about non stop and the whole thing is a visual feast for fans of the series. Ok so it's ridden with cliches gleaned from all 4 Alien and both Predator movies, but they are more tributes and a tip O' the hat to those movies than a rip off of them. I won't give away too much so not to spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it.

I think a lot of the movies poor press is because it was unfairly compared to the other Alien and predator movies. The movie actually owes just as much, if not more of a debt to the Dark Horse Aliens and Predator comics. Dark Horse started the whole fucking Aliens VS Predator thing in the first place. Indeed, the Dark Horse comics did much to keep the whole Aliens and predator mythos alive in the early 90s. I think this movie draws much good influence from both the Dark Horse comics and the earlier movies and while basically still a popcorn Muncher, it has a lot of re-watch ability and holds a good place in ones DVD collection.

Picture quality is great, if a bit compressed, there's an awful lot of stuff on here for one disc! Two audio commentaries, Dolby Digital and DTS, a making of, out-takes and all kind of other bullshit are a bit much for a single disc. Why do I love Superbit DVDs? The sound quality, especially the DTS is mind blowingly devastating!

Review equipment: Sony XBR34910 16 by 9 34" HD monitor, Pioneer Elite DV37 DVD player, Yamaha RXV-800 receiver, Bowers and Wilkens Matrix Surround speakers. Six cans of Genesee Cream ale.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
I know the narrative could've been better, and the end was cliche'. And yes, the human characters were weak (guess if you want the bugs asses kicked properly, you need to call Ripley), but that's okay... it was Aliens vs Predator, not Aliens vs Humans & Predators.
I had really low expectations of the movie, but saw it anyway because I love both stories. When I watched it, I was happily surprised with how they pulled the premise off. Once they established a descent setup, the ensueing carnage was well recieved.

Punk Ass

sometimes Blond
AVP was a waste of time and energy. the whole movie was 45 min long and 40 mins of it was bullshit. the action could have been better. and the only decent parts of the movie were shown in the comercials. Thank gos i didnt pay to see it. i knew it would be a waste the moment i heard of it, if it was up to me i would have never seen it.......... another reason to ahte my ex, he tricked me into seeing it

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
screw_ball said:
THE PARKINSON'S INFLICTED CRACKHEAD CAMERAMAN WAS HAVING A GODDAMN SEIZURE.
Not only that, but it's a technique used far too often to indicate a struggle of some sort. Especially when your actors cant act, you don't have the technology, or your script sucks.

If it wasn't for Freddy Vs. Jason this movie wouldn't have been made. Where's Arnold when you need him?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
. Indeed, the Dark Horse comics did much to keep the whole Aliens and predator mythos alive in the early 90s I think this movie draws much good influence from both the Dark Horse comics and the earlier movies