WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

B&T

hm, how do the poeple here see B&T?
I'm wondering...
to me its a place to be lame and boring, to be harsh and cruel and to call everybody an motherfucker just because. Its an place to say fuck off without getting banned or to be called an homo without feeling offended.

why this thread? Iam starting to get the feeling some poeple here cant keep B&T separated from the rest of the boards.

thoughts? anyone?

or do you simple want intellectual constructive conversation in B&T?

:thumbsup:

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
B&T is a place to let loose, call out a motherfucker and battle.

However, there are limits such as frequent race-related comments, non-stop 2nd grade insults (and the EXACT same ones at that) ruining perfectly good battles and creating 50 threads attacking the same exact person, crazy ass font sizes, and anything else that disrupts the funny atmosphere. We're actually quite loose and lenient here, and I think we found a decent middle ground between chaos and putting an all out 'smack down'.

I've had my own fun with several users here, and when they take it in stride they put themselves in a better light with me overall but like I said their are limits...

Future problem users are going to be voted off the site if the grand majority is complaining about them. Stay tuned for WTF Survivor. ;)

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
B&T is meant to be where all the inflamatory shit goes so we can keep the rest of the threads and forums relevant and constructive. It's turned into a gigantic orgy of monkeys with shit flying everywhere, but I'd prefer to keep that contained so that we can actually have conversations outside. It's just a necessary evil considerring the nature of this site and the kinds of people that are drawn to it like moths to the flame. It isn't always as bad as it has been for the past few days.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
At some point I think it's ok to be all you can be in B&T.
The 'lame' shit is "the stooge" way of doing it.OVER and OVER and OVER.
Well I think most of the members here are tired of it.
Say what you will inside the set guidlines of WTF.com.
By all means, stand up and stand out or stand alone,...whatever.
Just dont be a "Stooge",that show is over.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
johnny kuntz said:
hm, how do the poeple here see B&T?
I'm wondering...
to me its a place to be lame and boring, to be harsh and cruel and to call everybody an motherfucker just because. Its an place to say fuck off without getting banned or to be called an homo without feeling offended.

why this thread? Iam starting to get the feeling some poeple here cant keep B&T separated from the rest of the boards.

thoughts? anyone?

or do you simple want intellectual constructive conversation in B&T?

:thumbsup:
You are 100% right in your thinking. I see Bait & tackle is more than just a place to "blow off steam". To me it's a place to Challenge other opponents in a duel of linguistics. It's like a land of pricks and scumbags, where I get to be a prick too, and nobody can hold it against me. Then you can go to the other sections and hold a perfectly Civil conversation.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
gehtfuct said:
At some point I think it's ok to be all you can be in B&T.
The 'lame' shit is "the stooge" way of doing it.OVER and OVER and OVER.
Well I think most of the members here are tired of it.
Say what you will inside the set guidlines of WTF.com.
By all means, stand up and stand out or stand alone,...whatever.
Just dont be a "Stooge",that show is over.

Roger that

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Exactly the way it should be... If you look at the sum of all posts and battles in that forum over the past 4 months we've been live you'll see that we allow quite a bit. Like I said, there are limits though in those ways I mentioned in my previous post.

Should people be allowed to act like a 3 year old now and then? Sure, just not in every single post or the majority are going to complain. If there were a bar and grill in real life where we could all battle it out, you can bet your bottom dollar that 20 people in the room are going to kick a lame ass out the fucking door for being an idiot all week. :)

cool! replies! :thumbsup: one more thing:

I really like to use big fonts, they are anoying.

ofcourse if I use them too often it loses its strengt... but there should not be law for this!

more thoughts?

Jason said:
Exactly the way it should be... If you look at the sum of all posts and battles in that forum over the past 4 months we've been live you'll see that we allow quite a bit. Like I said, there are limits though in those ways I mentioned in my previous post.

Should people be allowed to act like a 3 year old now and then? Sure, just not in every single post or the majority are going to complain. If there were a bar and grill in real life where we could all battle it out, you can bet your bottom dollar that 20 people in the room are going to kick a lame ass out the fucking door for being an idiot all week. :)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: agreed

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
Overall, I have actually really enjoyed B&T. But, I don't think people need to threaten people lives or childrens lives. That is just plain stupid and childish. And the same posts over and over gets really old.

For me, B&T is like playing a sport. You play to beat the other teams asses (B&T), then after the event both teams go have pizza and beer together and chit chat about the game they just played, (outside of B&T).

Hell, I really don't respond too much anymore. I'm finding it very amussing to watch them start thread after thread about so and so don't like me, so and so is a cunt, ect.

These "stooges" are giving us more attention by starting these threads then they think they are getting themselves. And we all know that what they want, attention.