WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Bable

Spikey

Supreme Leader
So I was browsing today when I found a part of the Bible which stated the creation of languages.

People of the town bable started building a tower in which the worshipped more than god. They put all their effort into buolding this tower and prayed to it. God became infuriated and made all people speak different languages, they coudnt understand eachother, they were babbling to eachother. Since they coudn't understand eachother, they coudn't continue building. Then God sent them to all parts of the world.

I find this complete bull shit. That's just my opinion.

Ropel

Some random Guy
Hey!!! Me too!!! I mean...the tower was supposed to reach into Heaven or something. But we went beyond Heaven, into space. Wouldn't the workers have asphyxiated? Im just so confused on religion. :confused:

You both have no idea how the actual story goes.

They didn't actually build the tower to heaven. But they were going to try.

Why? Because they were all unified, could speak the same language, blah blah whatever whatever.

So, they tried to build a tower up to heaven to challenge god, who got mad and pwned them all.

Ropel

Some random Guy
Babble

Why did 'God' get mad at them for loving him and wanting to be with him...? :confused: I'm still confused...

That's why some people think that god is hypocritical, like me. If god was "all forgiving," why the hell is he striking to many plagues down on us?

Ropel said:
Why did 'God' get mad at them for loving him and wanting to be with him...? :confused: I'm still confused...
They didn't want to be with him.

They wanted to challenge him.

Ropel

Some random Guy
Ohhh...Now I see!!! The universe is run by a nutcase. That explains so much! :happysad:

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
actually I believe the story goes that the people of bable built the tower to attempt to kill god... after building it and firing crossbows at the sky to kill god he punished mankind by making each region speak a different language... or something....

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Actually, that particular year, God was embarrased because he and his wife were having problems, and the house was a wreck. He didn't want his subjects to think that thier omnipotent leader was having issues. So, he smote them all. Quite simple, really.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
Here's the real deal:
Nimrod, a descendant of Ham and a Nephilim, designed the tower to reach not to "heaven" but to the nearby power gate situated above the surface at an unknown height. To humans these gates are invisible, but to Nimrod it was a glaring eyesore, since The Flood had recently destroyed the Nephilim population. He planned to amass humanity as one to build the tower, reach the gate and open it, and unleash the sealed Nephilim.

Read the whole story here.

dirtlover

The best and the worst
All religions contradict themselves and eachother, and everyone who practices any religion contradicts that religion.. humans. yeah, and btw, i think the universe isn't run by anybody (even though somewhere out there there's a lot of other species, just too far), but earth is run by humans, so that's why everything allways get fucked up..
ty.

Spikey

Supreme Leader
Unforgiven said:
They didn't want to be with him.

They wanted to challenge him.
wtf, god was mad because they were worshipping the tower instead of him.

Will someone find the passage in the damn bible?

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Actually, it's Babel.

Also, it's a fucking story. The Bible is a book of stories. Stories with morals about living a better life and worshipping God more devoutly. Or something.

Still, there's no God(s), so this is irrelevant.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
The gods created man to be their slaves, armies and entertainment. They made our ancestors speak different languages the way farmers have their own brands on cows. It was a form of tagging.

BadEvilWrong

I'd melt the world to stop with you.
Yet another portion of the Bible that makes it glaringly obvious that the entire thing is a fabrication forged by the ignorance of barbarians. These people did not have the numbers, the materials, or the fundamental understanding of architecture to build such a tower. And if they did, they all would have been stuck at the portion of the atmosphere where you start to burn.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
BadEvilWrong said:
Yet another portion of the Bible that makes it glaringly obvious that the entire thing is a fabrication forged by the ignorance of barbarians. These people did not have the numbers, the materials, or the fundamental understanding of architecture to build such a tower. And if they did, they all would have been stuck at the portion of the atmosphere where you start to burn.
I'm glad you decided to completely disregard any pretense of understanding the subject material. It allows me to disregard you much more easily.

BadEvilWrong

I'd melt the world to stop with you.
Instead of being more of a troll than I ever could be even when I actually try, how about enlightening everyone here as to how I missed the boat?

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
BadEvilWrong said:
Instead of being more of a troll than I ever could be even when I actually try, how about enlightening everyone here as to how I missed the boat?
Instead of generating poor insults then pretending I'm somehow "enlightened", how bout you read the fucking thread? Not so hard, unless you're illiterate trash.

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
dull_bullet said:
That's why some people think that god is hypocritical, like me. If god was "all forgiving," why the hell is he striking to many plagues down on us?
Im with you,what you said is very true.

Enjoy the rep!