WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Back from the depths of hell

Bridgette

|Firestarter|
Every time I return to this place I wonder why I'm such a masochist, but the brutal honesty from the regulars usually does me some good and brings me down a few pegs.

Over the past year I've moved to England from Alabama. I've gotten married. And I've started a new job. I'm not the maniacal vegan-pusher I was before and my ego has deflated massively. I hope everyone has been well. :)

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Congratulations. I hope all is going as well as you wish for. How's the veggies on that side of the pond?

Don't let this site be only for when things are going wrong.

Bridgette

|Firestarter|
The food over here is too good! I gained weight and am currently in the process of losing it again. So much for British food being horrible. :laugh:

I won't. I really like this place -- the people here are usually intelligent, creative and weird which I love. I just usually left when I was being an unbearable prick but Ive grown past that and plan to stick around this time.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
The food over here is too good! I gained weight and am currently in the process of losing it again. So much for British food being horrible. :laugh:

I won't. I really like this place -- the people here are usually intelligent, creative and weird which I love. I just usually left when I was being an unbearable prick but Ive grown past that and plan to stick around this time.
Cool to hear that you made it over there! Did you marry your dude you were moving for?

I'm also glad you found a sandwich, even if it was filled with marmite and spotted dick or whatever.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Wait a minute. Bridgette lived here in the states? Had I known this I would have lovingly earned a restraining order persuing my interests by now. And!!.. you got married and moved to England? They still have restraining orders there right? Cool! I'm sleeping in the middle!

:itpacksthelotionoritgetsthehoseagain:

Bridgette

|Firestarter|
Cool to hear that you made it over there! Did you marry your dude you were moving for?

I'm also glad you found a sandwich, even if it was filled with marmite and spotted dick or whatever.
Yeah, and now he has to put up with me doing shit like this. :lol: And I got him into playing baseball. Fun fact: there are baseball leagues in England and I'm the only girl on my team. :number1: He signed up for this roller coaster, though.

Wait a minute. Bridgette lived here in the states? Had I known this I would have lovingly earned a restraining order persuing my interests by now. And!!.. you got married and moved to England? They still have restraining orders there right? Cool! I'm sleeping in the middle!

:itpacksthelotionoritgetsthehoseagain:

:ahoy:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff

I wondered that too. I moved from New York to England. Always heard the food was horrible. Never could understand where that came from. Maybe people are used to beef full of hormone injections.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I assume by not being a vegan-pusher, you are no longer a vegan.. since isn't that also to do with activism... still I can understand to get on, it's not good to feel the whole world are full of wrong people... or decaying bodies with decaying animals inside them … I still imagine you want better conditions for the animals.. in that sense we should all be pushers right, I'm a don't buy eggs from caged hens pusher but I see nearly everybody else isn't for the sake of saving 10p..

Also that's cricket, you holding the wrong bat. Welcome to Brexit.. err I mean Great Britain, don't eat all our crumpets.

Last edited:

Bridgette

|Firestarter|
I assume by not being a vegan-pusher, you are no longer a vegan.. since isn't that also to do with activism... still I can understand to get on, it's not good to feel the whole world are full of wrong people... or decaying bodies with decaying animals inside them … I still imagine you want better conditions for the animals.. in that sense we should all be pushers right, I'm a don't buy eggs from caged hens pusher but I see nearly everybody else isn't for the sake of saving 10p..

Also that's cricket, you holding the wrong bat. Welcome to Brexit.. err I mean Great Britain, don't eat all our crumpets.

No, I'm still vegan and always will be. I've just learned to only discuss it with those that have a genuine interest in it rather than condemning everyone that chooses not to be. It just made me miserable. My husband actually helped me learn this. A few years back he started an Animal Save chapter where we live and part of it is doing outreach/informative stalls but through that he's learned, and subsequently made me realize, not everyone wants to hear about it or be vegan. And that's okay. Activism can be depressing sometimes so we've both temporarily distanced ourself from it. However, the Devon Animal Save group now has tons of members, they still do events every week and outreach stalls and have likely encouraged hundreds of people over the years to consider living as cruelty-free as possible. I can only do what's within my control and talk to those genuinely interested in veganism. So, yeah, long-winded answer but :happysad: