WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

back problems

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
1,771
0
0
#1
i have really bad back problems.. well my neck and my shoulders im in constant pain. i wake up in pain and it just continues to go on and on and hurt more as the day goes by. i use to go to a chiropractor back when i had insurance because my spinal cord is bent the wrong way but lack of insurance has forced me to stop. anyway im wondering if anybody knows any good over the counter medicine or any sort of exercises to make things feel better.
 
113
0
0
#2
Wow that sucks...

I don't know anything about medical stuff...

If I had the monet I'd give it to you to go see someone :(
 

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
1,771
0
0
#3
Fourples said:
Wow that sucks...

I don't know anything about medical stuff...

If I had the monet I'd give it to you to go see someone :(

haha :thumbsup:
 

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,186
0
0
#4
That really sucks. I experience back pains since some drunk driver hit my car at a red light. I did go to the chiropractor but I felt he wasn't helping so I stopped. What helps me is swimming, jacuzzis and hot showers. I don't take any medicine.

Hope you get better...
 

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
1,771
0
0
#5
ChilianFuckFace said:
That really sucks. I experience back pains since some drunk driver hit my car at a red light. I did go to the chiropractor but I felt he wasn't helping so I stopped. What helps me is swimming, jacuzzis and hot showers. I don't take any medicine.

Hope you get better...
i use to be able to lift myself up on my chair.. out my hands on each chair rest lift my body and then my shoulders would crack and it would feel better but its gotten so bad and so stiff that it hurts to much to do that anymore. probably better off not doing that anyway... cracking is bad for you.
 

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,186
0
0
#6
icka said:
i use to be able to lift myself up on my chair.. out my hands on each chair rest lift my body and then my shoulders would crack and it would feel better but its gotten so bad and so stiff that it hurts to much to do that anymore. probably better off not doing that anyway... cracking is bad for you.
I hated when the doctor would crack my back. I felt worse... I didn't know it was bad.

Getting a good massage can make you feel better...
 

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
1,771
0
0
#7
well sometimes cracking isnt terrible i mean sometimes things need to be pushed into place.. however just cracking your fingers or your own back all the time is bad... cracking is caused from piveting of the joints or some shit like that. anyway i have arthrits in my neck or well begining signs so when the weather is shitty it hurts me more often :-/
 

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#8
icka said:
i have really bad back problems.. well my neck and my shoulders im in constant pain. i wake up in pain and it just continues to go on and on and hurt more as the day goes by. i use to go to a chiropractor back when i had insurance because my spinal cord is bent the wrong way but lack of insurance has forced me to stop. anyway im wondering if anybody knows any good over the counter medicine or any sort of exercises to make things feel better.
Stop bending over. ;) :thumbsup:
lol kidding. Feel better.
 

MsPunK

Tenderony
241
0
0
#9
icka sweetieeeeeee that sucks bad :hug2:

i get real bad back pain. right at the bottom. it started when i started working for 118 this crappy call centre, like info nxx (i think its called) in the us. it feels like there lumps in my back n stuff and when i press down on em it hurts baddd , as sum1 sed a good swim always helps, and massages
 

magnolia

Postaholic
4,093
59
112
#10
I go to the chyropractor once every couple of weeks. When it gets bad, i take a couple aleve and it feels better. Hot baths or showers or a hot tub feel good. U could even make it a bubble bath and have a relax night. Otherwise, as far as exercises go, you could go to a local clinic and ask for pamplets about bad backs and necks and ask if they know of any good streatches or anything. They can help you right at the front desk most of the time.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,979
1,397
487
#11
icka said:
if anybody knows any good over the counter medicine or any sort of exercises to make things feel better.
"Under the counter"


:thumbsup:

Other than that, I'd suggest Aleve. It works pretty well for back pain and such.
 
198
0
0
#12
icka said:
well sometimes cracking isnt terrible i mean sometimes things need to be pushed into place.. however just cracking your fingers or your own back all the time is bad... cracking is caused from piveting of the joints or some shit like that. anyway i have arthrits in my neck or well begining signs so when the weather is shitty it hurts me more often :-/
Buy Ibuproferin off the shelf and take 3 every 8 hours . Take my word for it , it will make it feel better . It wil NOT cure it . Nothing short of surgery will do anything , and I do NOT suggest surgery , unless you are in a wheel chair and it's your last resort .

I deal with back pain myself and speak from experiance .
 

supposedtabeme

The Skinny One
227
0
0
#13
I have a similar problem, if not the same, and yoga does wonders to my back.

My qhiropractic (sp?) told me I had to do either yoga or swimming, maybe it could help you.
 

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
1,086
0
0
#14
one hour back massage in a heated blankie, naked, to soothing music works well for me. once every two weeks, then once a month for maintenance but drink lots of water BEFORE and AFTER you go so you do not feel like shit afterwards. (massages release bad stuff that makes you feel icky unless you go potty often to cleanse your sytsem of it.)

ibprophen 1000 mg but no less works well too. take as often as allowed safely as per instructions on bottle.

stretch that bad boy. yoga, pilates and surprisingly any type of real exercise will alleviate the pain eventually. although in the beginning you'll feel worse, but that doesn't last.

get yourself a tenz unit (phonetically spelled). awesome, truly awesome machine.

and maintain your weight below or at average. water and weight gain tend to make back pain worse.

hold/cold compress for a specific area.

neck/back brace if you sit at the puter or do something that strains that area too much.

........and if ALL thats too expensive, too costly, too time consuming....Dr's orders have lots of sex often and then take hot showers together to clean the sweat off of you. DISTRACTION!
 

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
1,086
0
0
#15
woooooooooo hooooooooooo 101st post! YAY
hope you feel better-er icka.
get that boob reduction, it might help when you get older cause back pain only worsens w/ age.
 
10
0
0
#16
The only advice I can give is to do a few stretches in the morning, mostly involving your hamstrings, pull your knees to your chest etc... and strech your arms out good. That should help a little, it helps me out.

I hope you feel better
 

Pepto Bismol21

We Are The Virus Of Life.
82
0
0
#17
icka said:
i have really bad back problems.. well my neck and my shoulders im in constant pain. i wake up in pain and it just continues to go on and on and hurt more as the day goes by. i use to go to a chiropractor back when i had insurance because my spinal cord is bent the wrong way but lack of insurance has forced me to stop. anyway im wondering if anybody knows any good over the counter medicine or any sort of exercises to make things feel better.
Thank you for sharing. That dose suck. My back also hurts sometimes and I anit even getting anywhere near old. Im a mess...A sexy mess
 

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
1,218
0
0
#18
Breast reduction..... j/k

I dislike chiropractors... well I dislike the alignments they give.. not them personally... I think it is addictive... and only offers a quick fix...

its like when there is a small leak in your tire... and you keep filling it with air instead of fixing the tire...

I'm no doctor.. but I would reccomend stretches... and working out your back muscles.. maybe stronger back muscles will help keep things in order better... and try to use better posture... seated.. standing.. walking.. fukin...
 
180
0
0
#19
yeah, i recently posted how i have a herniated disc in my back. I'm only 17 so it really isn't good that I have it at this age. I am in constant pain 24 hours a day 7 days a week and pain killers do not help. They wont even ATTEMPT to fix the problem until the 6th of december. This problem started well over 3 months ago. I suggest if your pains are bad enough that you go get checked by a doctor because it can take a long time before they actually do something about it.
 

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
#20
I'm gonna go out a limb here and tell you to take Dr. Jungs advice....its a proven pain killer and not THAT hard to come by, especially for semi-attractive young women, seeing as how most dealers are geeky wanna-be gangster high school kids. Mom and pop restaurant cooks normally dabble in the spice trade.

But other than that i'd say stretch and exercise....yea...thats it.....exercise. :thumbsup: