WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Bad weed trip

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
Anyone had this happen to them before? A bad trip... on WEED?!

Until it happened to me last night, I wouldn't have believed it to be possible. I like to smoke the odd joint from time to time, one or rarely two joints a week.

Last night, I smoked the other half of a J that I'd rolled a few nights before. All was good. I sat down at my computer and started listening to music and chilling, like I often do. I was considering finding something funny to watch on TV or throw in a DVD maybe. All of a sudden, I got hit with this MASSIVE paranoia. Everything that could go wrong all of a sudden WAS going wrong for me, at least in my head. I couldn't stop these looping thoughts of impending doom. I felt my heart rate speed up, at least I thought it did. I was getting scared. I turned off the music cause that started to freak me out. I was afraid I was having a heart attack or something, that I'd be the first person found dead after smoking only weed. I was worried about the embarrassment to my family about how I died. It was FUCKED. No matter what I did I couldn't escape from my fried sense of anxiety. Eventually, I laid down on the couch and tried to think about happy thoughts, about being submerged under water with thousands of colourful tropical fish. This calmed me down and my heart rate returned to almost normal. I got up from the couch with a sigh of relief, and said over and over "That was FUCKED!" then I sat down and resumed what I was doing earlier. At this point, I laughed about it for a bit, then began to wonder if it had actually happened, since now I was right there in front of my computer again! Then I began to think about it, and it started allllll over again, this time worse than before. I calmed myself down again after what seemed like hours. I remember looking at the clock after these two episodes and seeing that only about 25 minutes had passed since I'd first sat down at the computer before the first 'attack.' I remember thinking that I was going to die, for sure.

Anyways, this went on like this, back and forth, up and down for at least two hours. I think I finally managed to calm myself down enough to get to sleep around 2am. Needless to say, I think I'll be takin it easy on the ganja for the next little while, I don't think I could handle another night like that. I still feel a little funny today.

I've never had anything like this happen before, and I've been smoking weed for quite a while, so I began to think about what could have caused it. Then it hit me. I'd also drunk a considerable amount of strong espresso coffee that night. I enjoy a good espresso or coffee in the evening after dinner. But, caffeine makes me think fast and makes me very talkative. Since there was no one there to talk to I think the weed and the caffeine fucked with eachother (and my brain) and I couldn't control my thought process. That's about the only thing I can think of.

Anyone else ever had this experience? It was FUCKED.
Not. Cool.

Too often I think we forget about caffeine as being a drug. It's more addictive than other substances (pot included). I guess our society is so enamoured with its caffeine that we don't give it the caution it warrants, especially mixing it with other drugs.

Cheers, and remember don't mix drugs!

WTFN

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Actually, I had this one night where I hadn't slept the night before, chugged coffee, hit the bong with some guys in aband, and all of a sudden I was talking crazy fast about really dumb shit... This dude asked me if I was hopped up on something, and not realizing that he seriously thought I was on speed, I was like, 'yeah... coffee...' and he gave me this really weird look (..I realized this the next day).

They started practicing, and I was sitting there on the couch taking in the music, and I quickly realized my heart was racing and my legs were twitching. It was odd.

Another time, I was deathly afraid taht this kid I was with was going to beat me to death or throw me off the balcony and/or blackmail me somehow. All I could do was sit there watching cartoons, keeping an eye on him out of the corner of my eye.

I've found it better to go do something after smoking, and being with at least one or two other people is a much more enjoyable situation. Going out to eat is usually unusually entertaining and calming.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Don't smoke alone.

That's just sound advice.

The first time i smoked I had some haze from Iraq(good shit), and i got mad fucked up,blacking out, seeing things, etc.. . When I left the skatepark and was riding my bike home i kept blacking out and found my self in the wrong lane of traffic on a major route by my house. I can't wait till i can get some more of that. I love weed. I tried weed with caffiene pills, that realy makes your heart rate jump, but I like taking a shit load of codine then smoking a blunt or two. It's wicked fun to trip on weed. :pimp:

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
zoloftcasserole said:
WTFNation, it sounds like you had a panic attack.
Yah. It was FUCKED! I've been reading up all day today about other people's experience and about caffeine and cannabis together. Seems that other people have had similar experiences without the coffee.

But I also read that caffeine and cannabis can cause what I experienced last night. No more coffee before smokey for me that's for sure.

And as far as smoking alone goes, it's been no problem for me in the past. In fact, I've always enjoyed being high alone more than with other people. I get anxious around other people when I smoke up. When I do it alone, I just chill and relax and eat cheezies n shit. I think I'll wait at least a week or so before I toke up again!!!

Cheers,

WTFN

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
WTFNation said:
Anyone had this happen to them before? A bad trip... on WEED?!

Until it happened to me last night, I wouldn't have believed it to be possible. I like to smoke the odd joint from time to time, one or rarely two joints a week.

Last night, I smoked the other half of a J that I'd rolled a few nights before. All was good. I sat down at my computer and started listening to music and chilling, like I often do. I was considering finding something funny to watch on TV or throw in a DVD maybe. All of a sudden, I got hit with this MASSIVE paranoia. Everything that could go wrong all of a sudden WAS going wrong for me, at least in my head. I couldn't stop these looping thoughts of impending doom. I felt my heart rate speed up, at least I thought it did. I was getting scared. I turned off the music cause that started to freak me out. I was afraid I was having a heart attack or something, that I'd be the first person found dead after smoking only weed. I was worried about the embarrassment to my family about how I died. It was FUCKED. No matter what I did I couldn't escape from my fried sense of anxiety. Eventually, I laid down on the couch and tried to think about happy thoughts, about being submerged under water with thousands of colourful tropical fish. This calmed me down and my heart rate returned to almost normal. I got up from the couch with a sigh of relief, and said over and over "That was FUCKED!" then I sat down and resumed what I was doing earlier. At this point, I laughed about it for a bit, then began to wonder if it had actually happened, since now I was right there in front of my computer again! Then I began to think about it, and it started allllll over again, this time worse than before. I calmed myself down again after what seemed like hours. I remember looking at the clock after these two episodes and seeing that only about 25 minutes had passed since I'd first sat down at the computer before the first 'attack.' I remember thinking that I was going to die, for sure.

Anyways, this went on like this, back and forth, up and down for at least two hours. I think I finally managed to calm myself down enough to get to sleep around 2am. Needless to say, I think I'll be takin it easy on the ganja for the next little while, I don't think I could handle another night like that. I still feel a little funny today.

I've never had anything like this happen before, and I've been smoking weed for quite a while, so I began to think about what could have caused it. Then it hit me. I'd also drunk a considerable amount of strong espresso coffee that night. I enjoy a good espresso or coffee in the evening after dinner. But, caffeine makes me think fast and makes me very talkative. Since there was no one there to talk to I think the weed and the caffeine fucked with eachother (and my brain) and I couldn't control my thought process. That's about the only thing I can think of.

Anyone else ever had this experience? It was FUCKED.
Not. Cool.

Too often I think we forget about caffeine as being a drug. It's more addictive than other substances (pot included). I guess our society is so enamoured with its caffeine that we don't give it the caution it warrants, especially mixing it with other drugs.

Cheers, and remember don't mix drugs!

WTFN
Last time I smoked. PARANOIA! Start thinkin bout things, life,bills, AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ran straight out the house NEKED. and that was the last time.

The End.