WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Banned!

jamesp

In Memory...
What the fuck!? Its says that I am temporarily banned from IRC becasue I am using a blacklisted proxy...? WTF does this mean and why?

Jung

???
Premium
You're using dial up, right? Try redialing. You could try downloading an actual IRC client too, and using a different server. (anything on EFnet.)

jamesp

In Memory...
junglizm said:
You're using dial up, right? Try redialing. You could try downloading an actual IRC client too, and using a different server. (anything on EFnet.)
nope, DSL

Descent

Hella Constipated
You could always try www.aliveproxy.com and connect via an anonymous proxy server, if it's still fucked up.

That's what I do when I get banned from things ;). I gots me a Mexican one.

Jung

???
Premium
He's probably just banned from whatever server the java client is using. It's probably just a temp ban though, for too many concurrent connections or something, it's been happening a lot lately. Simply using a different server (via a real IRC client) will most likely fix his issues. If that doesn't work, then I'd go the proxy route, but that would be a last resort as they tend to be pretty slow. Also, the proxy would have to support IRC for it to even be worth the effort.

jamesp

In Memory...
well, its fixed now, not really sure what it was.....

fuck. i can't get on. some serious bull shit.

Here's what Xchat is saying to me:
Perl interface loaded
--- Looking up irc.rt.ru..
--- Unknown host. Maybe you misspelled it?
Cycling to next server in EFnet...
--- Disconnected ().
--- Looking up irc.easynews.com..
--- Disconnected ().
--- Looking up irc.servercentral.net..
--- Disconnected ().
--- Looking up irc.Prison.NET..
--- Disconnected ().
--- Looking up irc.Qeast.net..

over and over and over and over again :\