WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Baseball and steroids (Nothing new)

Cash21

Clitpickle
What is the big fucking deal? So bonds and giambi and possibly Mcguire and the other half of baseball has used or are using steroids. Who fuckin cares? I just don't see the big deal. I'm on the verge of getting political so I'll stop while I'm ahead. Thoughts?.............

Ok, I don't give a shit about baseball, but this is a big deal! Not only does it give these players a unfair advantage over the rest of the league, but young children look up to these players as role-models. Would you really want some over rated baseball player giving your kid the idea that it was ok to use steriods. Think about it these are some of the most well known and respected players around the sport today. They have a responsibility to stay clean.

Cash21

Clitpickle
Taylor_Blade said:
Ok, I don't give a shit about baseball, but this is a big deal! Not only does it give these players a unfair advantage over the rest of the league, but young children look up to these players as role-models. Would you really want some over rated baseball player giving your kid the idea that it was ok to use steriods. Think about it these are some of the most well known and respected players around the sport today. They have a responsibility to stay clean.
You make your point but this whole steroid bit is seeded deeper than just baseball. Steroids aren't the problem. The problem is that they are scheduled substances. Take away drug prohibition (or steroids in this case) and make them legal with a prescription and out goes the underground industry and 99% of the crime and dangerous counterfeits!

Steroids aren't dangerous if used correctly, that I know as a fact. If the media hadn't blown this way out of proportion there would be NO problem to contend with. It just sucks how restrictive the U.S. is when big corporations could be selling the now illegal drugs while crippling the drug dealers and decreasing crime by a multiple fold.

Good point. Yes they are safer if controlled, but they are still dangerous to some extent. You used steriods in sports as an example. Yet, sports are about talent, natural ability, and working hard towards your goal. These things are used to show our youth how to work for what they want to achieve. If everyone used steriods it would take away this method of teaching our youth. Besides, if I'm not mistaken steriods cause anger. Do we really want everyone in sports to be angry people on a war path. ..........Just a thought.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Steroids have no place in sports. It detracts from the integrity of the game (something that there is almost nothing left of to begin with) and it makes any statistics that the users have cloudy and hazy. Without a doubt I would put an asterisk on Bonds' homers. Hell, if I had it my way, I'd kick him, Sheff, Giambi, and all those other juicing bastards out of the league. I'd also bankrupt baseball by kicking out some of the most beloved players also.

It really disappoints me in this day and age that baseball players soup up, college basketball players accept money from schools, hockey players cant get along with owners, and basketball players are a bunch of cuntragging thugs.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
to get rid of "drug prohibition" takes more than atheletes using prohibited drugs... as of now they are illegal and if you break the law you should be delt with accordingly.. if they wanted to make them legal there are other paths...

I personally think that the use of roids truely shows how great some of the past greats have been.... Hank Aaron did it without roids... and Barry only gets close with roids...

some day it will be Aaron with the *

or the HR list may look like:

Barry Bonds ??? *
Hank Aaron 755 **
Babe Ruth 714 ~*~

*Used Roids.
**Got here on his own merit, hardwork and dedication. He didn't use roids..
~*~Used excessive amounts of booze, prostitutes, hotdogs and cigars to get to 714 :thumbsup:

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
DanGeo23 said:
Barry Bonds ??? *
Hank Aaron 755 **
Babe Ruth 714 ~*~

*Used Roids.
**Got here on his own merit, hardwork and dedication. He didn't use roids..
~*~Used excessive amounts of booze, prostitutes, hotdogs and cigars to get to 714 :thumbsup:
Im pretty sure you meant to say:

~*~Used excessive amounts of booze, prostitutes, hotdogs, and cigars to limit him to only 714. :thumbsup:

By the way, why did the entertainment forum merge with the sports forum! GIVE MY SPORTS FORUM BACK, BRIT AND JASON!!! Now all the stupid "OOH EMINEM AND 50 CENT R SO KEWL!" are going to post in threads where i actually try to maintain a sense of decency. :mad: I am upset.

Cash21

Clitpickle
tbsrk said:
Im pretty sure you meant to say:

~*~Used excessive amounts of booze, prostitutes, hotdogs, and cigars to limit him to only 714. :thumbsup:

By the way, why did the entertainment forum merge with the sports forum! GIVE MY SPORTS FORUM BACK, BRIT AND JASON!!! Now all the stupid "OOH EMINEM AND 50 CENT R SO KEWL!" are going to post in threads where i actually try to maintain a sense of decency. :mad: I am upset.
I'll second that.