Basketball and Boxing to become one sport..

G's-up

Postaholic
NBA indefinitely suspends quartet

The National Basketball Association has suspended Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal, Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest and Detroit's Ben Wallace for brawling.
Following one of the ugliest incidents in United States sports history, the league has handed the four players indefinite suspensions.

The brawl started when Artest was ruled to have fouled Ben Wallace, who hit back with a shove in Artest's face.

The NBA also intends to reviewing its rules and security procedures.

Commissioner David Stern called Friday's scenes "shocking, repulsive and inexcusable - a humiliation for everyone associated with the NBA".

In a statement, Stern added: "Our investigation is ongoing, and I expect it to be completed by Sunday."

The bans for Artest, O'Neal and Jackson, all of whom threw punches at fans during the fight at the end of the Pacers-Pistons game - start on Saturday, when the Pacers played a home game against Orlando.

Wallace's suspension will begin with the Pistons' next home game on Sunday against the Charlotte Bobcats.

Pistons spokesman Tom Wilson said the team plans to double the number of armed police and increase arena security by about 25% for Sunday's game.

The brawl has stunned US sport. Artest and Jackson bolted into the stands near centre court and threw punches at fans after debris was thrown at the players.

Later, fans who came onto the court were punched in the face by Artest and O'Neal.

NICE MOVE!!! Did anyone see the guy get punched in the face by Artest?? OOOUUUUCCCCHHH!!! :cool:

FuhkFace

Hoodrat
Damn thats funny, I never got to see it so if anyone finds a link to the video please post it for the others who haven't seen it!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I heard all about that. Fuckin' right! I would love to see Ron Artest and J-Neel beat the shit out of people.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
I'm so glad that they're suspended. They didn't need to take matters into their own hands. From what I've heard, Artest was beating up the guy who didn't even "allegedly" throw his cup at him. WTF. Oh well. I really shouldn't be talking, I never liked Artest or O'Neill, so FUCK 'EM!

:mfinger: :mfinger: :mfinger:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
O'Neal knocked the guy OUT COLD...

This is a model for every single basketball game I play in from now on. I'm going to shove people in the face and throw beer.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
I just saw that shit on the evening news... how totally awsome. If I was makin millions, I would lay fucktards out who threw shit at me too. :thumbsup: What dumbasses.

I hope my scarcasm isn't lost upon everyone.

Havok

Mr. Ee
Ahhhhhhh-hahahahahahahahahahaha!

*wipes tear from cheek*

That was beautiful. Best thing I ever saw on ESPN.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
you see that chubby white guy that jumped down onto the court? You could kind of see in his eyes that he realized what a really bad idea it was. He started flinching way before the guy from the pacers even swung at him ... lol ...

bomac

Fresh Meat
sheeeiittt

check out the big brown suited guy in the stands sucker punching one of the players towards the end of the actin in the stands

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I read somewhere that the the players involved were looking at a 10 game suspension at the most. What a joke.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
wafu said:
whats with ben wallace and being restricted to play...
Perhaps the fact that he pushed Ron Artest in the face?

It wasn't nearly as bad as everything else that happened, but he got what he deserved (let's just hope that it happens to the other players too).

I hate "Violence in the NBA" this, "Violence in the NBA" that. Violence in the NBA is almost non-existent, the reason that it seems so big is because David Stern hands down such extreme punishments. I agree that punishments need to be harsh, but he ends up making it into a huge story - which is not what the NBA needs.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
I just heard on the news that Artest is suspended for the rest of the season. Like 72 games or something. Here's the article I found on MSN here.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Definately going to hurt his chances of repeating as Defensive Player of the Year.

G's-up

Postaholic
Gentlemem, with all do respect, I saw this as live and fresh as possible with my twin 11 yr old boys and I was in shock and awe........Artest has had some problems in other areas over a period of time that makes people look a little more intense at him than your average player, but what happened with the Artest jumping in the stands.......ROFLMAO.....Here's the deal, Ben Wallace and Artest got into a shoving match on the court. The Piston fans were already heckiling beyond the norm....So Wallace and Artest go at it a little shoving no biggie these guys are trained athletes and in top condition....Artest is on the bench with a towel on his face and all of the sudden a water bottle hits him in the face.....He did jump up and went after the "wrong fan" so to speak but enough is enough......eventually you have these 5'10 at he least Piston fans going ONTO the court and talkin shit.....If your 5'10 with a BEER GUT and you have a BEER IN HAND, dont go onto the court and talk shit and not expect to get your ARSE handed to you on a paper plate..............DDDDDDEEEEERRRR!!!! :p

breakology

Kiss my Converse
So I was glad to see that Artest is gone for the season, but what about fucking Steve jackson? he got a 30 game suspension? thats horse shit, he slugged more fans than artest did I think. I'm waiting to hear about what kind of law suits are gonna arise from this situation. Some of those fans in the brawl are gonna get PAID!