WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

BCB's Book Club

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
What book have you just read that you just HAVE to turn others on to?
Are you itching to share? Well post the sucker here. Only catch, you must write a SMALL blurb about the book (please no crazy essays). And please list only one book at a time.

Sharing is caring....ME FIRST!

Diary - Chuck Palhaniuk
I'm sure many of you know who the dude is. Check Palahniuk, author of Fight Club. Read a few of his books (not Fight Club) and the guy's got such a flare for grit. His books are always chalk full of interesting facts that somehow pertain to the story. Diary I think is one of his tamest books and fastest reads but well worth it. Though if you're a first time Palahniuk reader, I'd recommend something a little more twisted, like "Choke".

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yes Man - Danny Wallace.

i have praised this book on wtf previously.. and now will again..
a masterpiece of understated british humor, being a factual account of the year danny spent in which he vowed not to say no to anything.

from publishers weekly..
Wallace, a freelance radio producer for the BBC in London, takes three simple words uttered by a stranger on a bus-"say yes more"-as a challenge and says "yes" to everything for a year. He says "yes" to pamphleteers on the street, the credit card offers stuffing his mailbox and solicitations on the Internet. He attends meetings with a group that believes aliens built the pyramids in Egypt, says "yes" to every invitation to go out on the town and furthers his career by saying "yes" in meetings with executives.

he has two other books, both good. :thumbsup:

Just got to reading the Da Vinci Code. Yes, I know it's been out for a couple of years now, but I got a chance to read it. If you want a book that will make you think (and you haven't already read this) this is the one.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
BklynCannonball said:
What book have you just read that you just HAVE to turn others on to?
Are you itching to share? Well post the sucker here. Only catch, you must write a SMALL blurb about the book (please no crazy essays). And please list only one book at a time.

Sharing is caring....ME FIRST!

Diary - Chuck Palhaniuk
I'm sure many of you know who the dude is. Check Palahniuk, author of Fight Club. Read a few of his books (not Fight Club) and the guy's got such a flare for grit. His books are always chalk full of interesting facts that somehow pertain to the story. Diary I think is one of his tamest books and fastest reads but well worth it. Though if you're a first time Palahniuk reader, I'd recommend something a little more twisted, like "Choke".
I just read a book by him,It was called Haunted, it was actually quite good!
It was about 10 writers that go find themselves as such at a hotel together, and then short stories by them in between.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
meh_it_all said:
I just read a book by him,It was called Haunted, it was actually quite good!
It was about 10 writers that go find themselves as such at a hotel together, and then short stories by them in between.

That's totally off the wall! That's why I love this guy, he's very creative.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
I'm more of a sci-fi/fantasy geek myself.

Just read the latest of the foreigner series by CJ Cherryh. Also highly recommend The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon and The Rose of the Prophet Trilogy by Weis and Hickman

edit: sorry Bklyn, let me edit one in :)

blurb: the foreigner series is a sci-fi set of books based on an alien world. Humans set up a space station there to observe the native species of intelligent life, but after decades alone they end up having to leave the station and land on the planet. There's a war, but eventually the humans are allowed to colonize a small island. Many years later, with a tenuous truce, both species begin exchanging information. A single human is selected to act as a sort of ambassador to the alien species and all diplomatic communication goes through them. It's their job to learn about the native species and filter information to his government. Lots of action and a rich alien culture.