WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Bermuda Triangle?

What is up with the Bermuda Triangle?

• Freaky stuff!

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • Coincidence!

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Treacherous conditions (boring answer).

Votes: 32 39.0%

• Total voters

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Okay. If you don't know what the Bermuda triangle is, well, it's a freakin triangle. Located in the Bermudish area. Planes and boats mysteriously disappear in it.

So, the way I see it, there are three ways to look at this:

1: The Bermuda triangle is freakin' haunted. You're taking your life into your own hands every time you go near it.

2: It's all a series of coincidences, the Bermuda triangle is nothing special.

3: The Bermuda triangle has no supernatural or extraordinary goings-ons, it is simply a treacherous stretch of ocean for natural reasons like weather and topography.

So. I don't know what to think about this. What do all of you think?

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
When I was more young, and more gullible, I fell for this Triangle bullshit for a while, but I know better now. It's just a silly thing that somehow caught on and now people wont let it go.

Mari

Hoodrat
Actually what makes the bermuda triangle so weird is the fact that there is an interdimensional portal in that area... That is all and nothing more...

Icarus said:
Okay. If you don't know what the Bermuda triangle is, well, it's a freakin triangle. Located in the Bermudish area. Planes and boats mysteriously disappear in it.

1: The Bermuda triangle is freakin' haunted. You're taking your life into your own hands every time you go near it.

3: The Bermuda triangle has no supernatural or extraordinary goings-ons, it is simply a treacherous stretch of ocean for natural reasons like weather and topography.

The only way to know for sure is to add a poll to this thread.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
it's the rum.. wherever you take off from down there they drink rum like it's water..

"the sky looks like the sea"

"yeah, do you want some ice with that?"

I was going to build a submarine and check the area out, but I ran out of funds after the purchase of one lightbulb. The government refuses to give me a loan.:happysad:

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Actually - They think that the Bermuda triangle is made from methane hydrate deposits on the bottom of the ocean... When it floats up, it makes the ocean there less dense, and a million small bubbles of methane could sink a large ship, since there's only methane for the ship to float on...

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
How does that the wreckage of a bunch of ships and planes went missing? Literally gone, no trace of metal or oil or people.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Icarus said:
How does that explain the wreckage of said ships and airplanes disappearing?
The methane gas causes ships to literally crack in large bubbles, the immense force destroys the hull and when a bubble rises to the surface and permeates the air it performs extreme harm to any sort of engine.

Methane is highly flammable, but with engines it displaces certain gasses and exhausts and causes the engines to stall, and you can't really start them back up due to the engine conditions.

Bad news for airplanes.

Also the magnetic field is distorted there so compasses go completely off track.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Icarus said:

the reason is, because compasses dont work there, and back in the days where people used compass for long range navigation, it would spin and theyed get lost crash, run out of fuel, sink, shit like that

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
hopefully no one discoveres my plot.... wait! I've said too much...

nah I've heard all kinds of oddities on the area... most common is magnetic phenominon that screws up instruments and puts people on wrong courses...

as to where the ships and airplanes go... who the hell knows... maybe they get swallowed into the same dimention that your socks go from the dryer...

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
The methane gas causes ships to literally crack in large bubbles, the immense force destroys the hull and when a bubble rises to the surface and permeates the air it performs extreme harm to any sort of engine.

Methane is highly flammable, but with engines it displaces certain gasses and exhausts and causes the engines to stall, and you can't really start them back up due to the engine conditions.

Bad news for airplanes.

Also the magnetic field is distorted there so compasses go completely off track.
This is the most sensible explanation, and what I came into this thread to post. :)

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Well I believe somethign's going on there. it may not be hauntings, it may not be some funky magnetic/methane deposits weirdness either. it might be both. It is strange though. there was a show on the bermuda triange and the methane theory was being tested. although that will sink the ships they only found the deposits were off the coast of north carolina. If that was what was causing the ships to sink then why was it the only evidence of sinking ships was off the coast of florida or in that area and no where near the carolina's? Why do ships disappear then reappear? ...and I'm not talking wreckage. Why would magnetics only effect that area? If it was magnetics messing with the instruments and even methane gasses and weird sightings, why is all this happening in a triangular shape off the coast of bermuda/Florida/north carolina? Why not a square? why not in other places?

I cant' answer the poll because I need more evidence to make a decision on whether this is just some weird phenomenon, paranormal, or just some bad weather in a focused area.

It's been proven that methane deposits can completely destroy boats, and they can also raise up out of the sea and rock the hell out of planes in the air....

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Bitch said:
Why not a square? why not in other places?
Umm, I believe shipwrecks happen all over the world, same with plane crashes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle <-- as explained there, there's not more plane crashes, and boat sinkages in the Bermuda triangle in any other part of the world... There's probably just very deep silt deposits where everything disappears, or a whale ate the boats/airplanes...

jamesp

In Memory...
Funny, I was reading a book on String Theory just about an hour ago that piqued my curiosity. When they started asking questions about dimensions, suggesting more than three spatial dimensions, some physicists started asking about dimensions big enough for 'things' to get lost in. There was some speculation as to people or even bigger things being 'lost' in these dimensions, though they kept quiet about it to prevent any public fear of falling into to alternate dimensions and never being heard from again. But I kinda got a Bermuda Triangle feel from the wording.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So bubbles of methane gas can completely eliminate all traces of wreckage?

Icarus said:
So bubbles of methane gas can completely eliminate all traces of wreckage?
if the silt on the ocean floor is really fine, the boats can get lost from view. and you have to understand, when the methane hits these boats, they practically shatter.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If they shatter, fine, then where does the gasoline and oil go? Obviously at least the oil should be on the surface.

I don't think that much silt can be there, but I don't know what the currents are like around there.