WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Best Mac (And/or XP) DOS emulator.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
I don't have XP or a Mac (I have 98), but I'm looking into buying a PC with XP. And I can't live without my DOS. What are the best emulators out there?

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Oh, and I was wondering if DOS clients with scroll bars exist. Do they?

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
it has a dos wannabe system... no effective sound emulation tho...Dosbox does pretty good...

Descent

Hella Constipated
Darklight said:
it has a dos wannabe system... no effective sound emulation tho...Dosbox does pretty good...
For sound? Um...Yeah. It couldn't even complete the "TEST SOUND OPTIONS" and "TEST MUSIC OPTIONS" in Descent without bubbling as crackling.

It emulates a 7MHz 486 at best, I believe.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Eh. I'll get DosBox when I get an XP computer.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
What programs do you NEED to run that are DOS?

You can always configure the system to dual-boot. Run Win98 + WinXP on the same system. You just need a different partition to install XP onto.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
And you see, that's why I'm gonna get a DOS emulator. I have no idea what you're talking snout.