WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Best monitor/TV death?

Descent

Hella Constipated
What's the most entertaining way you've seen a monitor or TV die?

Once I was in Science back in 8th grade...We got these new TV's and shit, and Vinnie F. whipped out his iPaq when we had a substitute teacher and started fucking with the channels, and turning it on and off. He randomly changed it to Nickelodeon, and there was a massive *POP* like some capacitors blowing, and the thing never worked again, but was promptly replaced.

Death on Nickelodeon...Some kind of symbolism?

Today my school gaming computer's monitor just BLEW UP...Literally. Fired my plasma cannon, and the thing flipped off, then flipped on, and the image went from blurry as a Du Mont to crisp as an apple. I powered it off, then back on, and it made nasty fucking pop noises and shit. Amazingly, I still kicked ass and chewed bubblegum, and I went to the PC lab and got an old CRT from the teacher. We upgraded to LCD's in there because the CRT's we used actually fucked up the school power grid.

I promptly hooked it up, and loaded up Descent...10 years later, and I have only two levels to go before I perform my life's greatest gaming accomplishment.

Oh, and my ship responded faster, making the game 300% easier. I think was a circuit board issue or something...That's why Descent ran like shit on a PC more than three times the recommended spec :lol:.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
.50 caliber riffle from 500 yards vs. 21 inch monitor. It was purdy.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I've been debating whether or not I should shoot my 800 ft./sec Winchester pellet gun at all the dead PCB's and other pieces of crap I have lying around.

The issue I have is that the ricochet-free bullets would not damage them too much (Although they fuck up cans good), and the ricocheting (Spelling?) ones can easily put out an eye, or your life if used wrong.

The r-free's can punch holes in soda cans and hot tub bottles, but not wood or PVC plastic :(.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
I fried an old CRT monitor in computer class once. We were working on installing power supplies in my A+ Certification class and one of the kids crossed one of the wires on the power supply unit leading to the wall source on a scrap system we were building. All the components were fried and the monitor damn near blew up...very loud popping noise. After we cracked it open and made sure the surge was grounded (to prevent electrocution) we found the whole cathode ray tube completely shattered. good times.

Descent

Hella Constipated
LiberatioN, how the fuck does one do that anyway?