WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Best Shareware Program EVER - Cool Edit 96

Descent

Hella Constipated
This is the older version of the ground breaking audio editing program, Syntrillium Cool Edit. It cannot edit MP3's, but it's so powerful it's worth coverting them.

I've been using this since 1998, and it's still powerful as fuck. It runs forever, so don't worry. No trial limit - you just have to quit and open it up again, and select the options you want if you need to perform certain actions.

It's very quick, streamlined and easy to use. Personally, I prefer it over Audacity. It is by far my all time favorite piece of software - I've even made money off my work with it.

Junglizm, if you know of any better free programs, add them in. You're a DJ, after all.

Download it here:

http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/14320.asp

Jung

???
Premium
Awaken said:
What about Foobar for converting? That's pretty easy...
DB Power Amp's converter is just better; it has more options and is more intuitive for most people. Not to mention that if someone isn't already a Foobar user, they probably wouldn't want to install another audio player just to convert something. Use the right tool for the job.

Also, most people are scared of Foobar.

What?! Scared of foobar?! Why? Is there something I should know?! :O

*Awakne runs off screaming because Foobar is growing fangs

</Awaken>

tzedek

Original Member
I knew the second I read the first line of the first post in this thread that ownage by Junglizm was in order.

Jung

???
Premium
Awaken said:
What?! Scared of foobar?! Why? Is there something I should know?! :O

*Awakne runs off screaming because Foobar is growing fangs

</Awaken>
I meant scared in that most people think it's too hard to set up, and either get confused or just don't want to bother. I've recommended Foobar to a couple people, and they love it. I usually don't recommend it to most people though, because things like formatting strings and such just confuse them.

Foobar is sort of like Linux. It's awesome, free, powerful and just plain better than the "other guy." It's too complicated for most people though, and not intuitive or pretty by default; it needs to be set up to your standards. That's what makes it so great, but most people don't want to bother/are too confused to bother.