WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

BF2 special forces!!!

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
I bought BF2,special forces the other day, and I can't enjoy it:( I know why, my computer is a little shitty, but I can still play the old BF2.

I was wondering who has played, is playing either BF2?

BTW I like it.
:thumbsup:

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
I've played BF2 and picked up the Special Forces expansion. SF isn't worth the money. While I can usually join a server and load a BF map in under 2 minutes, it takes well over 5 in the SF expansion.

On top of that, you see both BF servers and SF servers in your browser, yet if you loaded BF2 (instead of SF) you can only play on the BF servers and vice versa. Some of the maps are fairly cool. The newer weapons are kinda nice but it sucks because a number of the unlocks for SF are only available to one side or the other. Meaning if you unlock the new SpecOps rifle its only available to the US/Brittish forces. The Mecs can't select it. Perhaps it's more realistic but it still sucks to get an unlocked weapon and then find out you still can't use it.

VolumeOne

Clitpickle
I refuse to give EA even more money for an addon for a game that is full of bugs, lacks many of the promised features and has the crappiest performance since the introduction of the american health care system.

So I'm gonna stick to BF2, which imho is still a lot of fun.

btw: the last bf2 patch was the greatest bullshit I've ever seen a patch to be.

Jung

???
Premium
and has the crappiest performance since the introduction of the american health care system.
Special Forces runs just fine on my computer...

junglizm said:
Jung, you have a super computer. We peons don't.

I have yet to pick up SF, i've wanted to for a while. I while away my time on joint ops mostly though.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
junglizm said:
Have you noticed the longer load times for the maps? Does yours also give you trouble if you try to play a BF2 map after loading the SF exe?

Jung

???
Premium
UberSkippy said:
Have you noticed the longer load times for the maps? Does yours also give you trouble if you try to play a BF2 map after loading the SF exe?
The maps do take a bit longer to load, but I assume that's due to higher resolution/larger textures and such. I don't recall trying to load a BF2 map from inside SF though, so I can't really comment on that.

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
i have not yet played battle field 2 but i do plan on getting it on playstation 2.

who here has played call of duty 2?

call of duty 2 is one of the most easiest fps games i have ever played i clocked the games about half an hour ago.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
I just got BF2 for the PS2 today. Been playing it non-stop. The single-player mediocre at best, but goddamn is the multiplayer fun. Maybe I should pick it up on PC, though... Anyone here running it successfully on Linux?