WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Crypto Bitcoin plunges below $12,000 on CoinBase

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/22/bit...elerates-now-down-40-percent-from-record.html

Bitcoin plunges below $11,000 in volatile trading on Coinbase as rout accelerates; now down 40 percent from record
  • Bitcoin plunges more than 40 percent from its all-time high reached Sunday, according to Coinbase.
  • Coinbase said a little after 11 a.m. New York time that buying and selling was temporarily disabled.
  • CME's bitcoin futures expiring in January reached 'limit down,' off 20 percent.
  • Stocks that have soared dramatically on speculation around their connection to bitcoin and its underlying blockchain technology also fall.
Bitcoin had rallied to a record high above $19,800 on Sunday and was trading near $15,500 for much of Thursday New York time, according to Coinbase. But an afternoon selloff accelerated into the night, and bitcoin dropped 30.2 percent Friday morning to a low of $10,400 on Coinbase. It had recovered above $13,100 by early Friday afternoon.

There were no immediately apparent explanation for the selloff and extreme volatility.

ib4

Error
Staff
Nothing new here. This was a Christmas sale for investors and another bad choice for panic sellers. Every plunge is almost identical other than the actual amount it plunges. We will see new highs soon again now that the plunge returned finally.

Jung

???
Premium
Just time to short sell and focus on alts that usually do well when BTC doesn't, until recovery.

Bluee

Flame Bait
Is there anyone on the forum who already invests in bitcoin? I think this is a great idea. Its price will grow with time, I'm sure. Or do you think it's too late to do it? Many sources write that its price will increase. For example, this site writes about this https://bitcoinbestbuy.com. They have a lot of good information about bitcoins and I want to believe them. In addition, there are many similar information sites where they write the same thing. Or these sites can be lying?

ib4

Error
Staff
Yes a couple of us do.

I think we all have a varying degree of belief in the coin vs just making money on them for the time being.

But we do have crypto people here. Hence your ability to select a crypto banner for your post ;)

ib4

Error
Staff
I use HitBTC primarily at the moment. I have accounts on Bitfinex, Bittrex, and Poloniex(which sux)